[Game Thread] Fallen Angels: War in Heaven Werewolf

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I misread that a bunch of times. At first I thought we killed Nojr as a wolf. Then I saw he was a farmer. Then I checked the rules and it turns out he's a wolf. I think. D1 snipe ftw!

RJS is my favorite town based on his votes. But it turns out he's also my favorite town because erindalc says he is (clever kill in that regard)

Fowltief's vote is pretty meaningless. Its common for wolves to vote each other to get things started when there's lower chance of it having an impact.

I'm not sure what to make of Monster's vote switch. I deliberately checked for vote-switches when Nojr was in jeapordy, but his is the only one and I don't really see that it leads to helping Nojr at all: its not like Robijn had a serious chance of dying and taking Nojr's fall.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
I would go so far as to say your vote is the most suspicious, because it was an effective move at the end of the last game ;)
In fact, that will make Fowltief my top wolf for now.
Just a little RP to spice it up i could of easily done without it.
My vote is meaningless tho it was the first one.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Just a little RP to spice it up i could of easily done without it.
My vote is meaningless tho it was the first one.
I don't care about the RP no worries :)

Here's my odd thought process on your vote. Feel free to call me nuts.

I didn't super expect Nojr to be a wolf (obviously), but once he was in danger (which he was for a good long time) I have expected to see some sort of reactive behaviour when I check the votes afterwards.
However, there's really nothing. If someone had switched votes to me, or switched votes off Nojr, or switched votes to anyone to create a tie, those would be meaningful.

This suggests to me that the other wolf is "ok" losing their partner because they feel protected. A person who voted Nojr would feel protected.

Now, I hope I'm out of the running for that particular race because mine was the killing vote. And while it wouldn't be the first time I've thrown a partner under the bus, I usually do it with some special role-powers in consideration.

That leaves you.

Its not great evidence, but it justifies an early D2 vote fowltief :)

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
I don't care about the RP no worries :)

Here's my odd thought process on your vote. Feel free to call me nuts.

I didn't super expect Nojr to be a wolf (obviously), but once he was in danger (which he was for a good long time) I have expected to see some sort of reactive behaviour when I check the votes afterwards.
However, there's really nothing. If someone had switched votes to me, or switched votes off Nojr, or switched votes to anyone to create a tie, those would be meaningful.

This suggests to me that the other wolf is "ok" losing their partner because they feel protected. A person who voted Nojr would feel protected.

Now, I hope I'm out of the running for that particular race because mine was the killing vote. And while it wouldn't be the first time I've thrown a partner under the bus, I usually do it with some special role-powers in consideration.

That leaves you.

Its not great evidence, but it justifies an early D2 vote fowltief :)
Ok, Your Nuts. I prefer Cashew nuts myself.. i think your more peanut butter.

Happy?

I just randomly picked Nojr and voted as soon as the game started. There was nothing to go off of. I have no reason to switch votes. your picking me right now cause i'm trying to be active and using your past experience and the previous game we were in as justification while the wolves sit there and figure out which side to join. Your over analyzing this way too much on too little info... we have 36 hours. Go poke other people before you make a decision.

You can always pray to god in a pinch...(which is Ericdalc in this case )

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just randomly picked Nojr and voted as soon as the game started.
Very plausible.

There was nothing to go off of.
obviously

your picking me right now cause i'm trying to be active and using your past experience and the previous game we were in as justification while the wolves sit there and figure out which side to join.
That's hardly fair; I came up with the best argument I could come up with to avoid randomly picking someone. Obviously the wolves are going to figure out which side to join no matter what we do. The onus is still on town to try to make educated guesses.

Your over analyzing this way too much on too little info... we have 36 hours. Go poke other people before you make a decision.
I wonder what I'd see if I checked your last games to see how you town-voted on D2. Do you always gather a strong argument before voting on D2?

I'm not "making a decision". I'm placing a vote :)

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I thought that day would end in 9 hours... I have been working all day.
My thoughts so far:

Players left:
Fowl voted Nojr
Gamer has been terribly inactive
J did not vote
Monster voted me
Pyure voted Nojr
Robin oui, c'est moi
Nojr - Farmer
RJS - Blacksmith

Right now, Pyure is my top town for being really active, closely followed by Fowl, who I do not think would vote for a "loose ally" if he were a wolf, especially not if he were the first one to vote at all, so he should be either the Uplifted Trader or town.
My top wolf is Gamer, who cast a cheap "retaliation-vote" on Monster yesterday, but has been completely silent otherwise. J didn't vote, but that didn't really mean anything in the last two games. Monster did switch his vote, and he did switch it to me, but I feel like that was genuine goodwill.

Vote Gamer for now.
@GamerwithnoGame what do you have to say in your defence?

Roles left (I assume):
Farmer 0 or 2
Trader 1 or 2
Sun Priest
Guardian Angel (not really a town role) 0 or 1

Penance Angel, Fallen Angel or Trader
Fallen Angel

Since Nojr was the Enlightened Farmer, the Sun Priest must be in the game to make that role sensible.
I think that one loose-ally for the angels and one additional (Penance) Angel would be a bit unbalanced in favour of town, so that'd mean that at least 2 more Angel-aligned roles should be in the game.
A Penance Angel and a Fallen Angel would be a pretty powerful combination, so if that is the case, I do not think that there is a Guardian Angel in the game, because that role's town-allegiance is shaky at best.
And because I think that Erin would like to put as many of his new roles in the game for a test-run, I think that we're up against a normal Fallen Angel, and another one or an Uplifted Trader.
@Pyure @fowltief, what do you think of that?

And @the_j485 please participotate... :)

Reactions: fowltief

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It's been a very busy day! It's not much of a defence, I'll grant you. But it is what it is. Two young children, a day back at work after a day off with a ton of emails to catch up on, and a bunch of minor (metaphorical) fires I've been putting out all bloody day... Yeah.

I'm not of a mind to roleplay, to be honest, my heads not in the game.

Robi seems awfully quick to put people into boxes, but I think that's just how he plays, it's not necessarily wolf-like. Annoying, yes. Wolf-like... hmm.

I only voted Monster out of fun in D1 - he doesn't seem especially wolf-like either.

I don't want to vote Pyure, because it's never him.

*shrugs* I'm going to watch some more. I haven't seen enough to pin down anything I'd call suspicious, and today is going to be a long day.

*peaces out*

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I thought that day would end in 9 hours... I have been working all day.
My thoughts so far:

Players left:
Fowl voted Nojr
Gamer has been terribly inactive
J did not vote
Monster voted me
Pyure voted Nojr
Robin oui, c'est moi
Nojr - Farmer
RJS - Blacksmith

Right now, Pyure is my top town for being really active, closely followed by Fowl, who I do not think would vote for a "loose ally" if he were a wolf, especially not if he were the first one to vote at all, so he should be either the Uplifted Trader or town.
My top wolf is Gamer, who cast a cheap "retaliation-vote" on Monster yesterday, but has been completely silent otherwise. J didn't vote, but that didn't really mean anything in the last two games. Monster did switch his vote, and he did switch it to me, but I feel like that was genuine goodwill.

Vote Gamer for now.
@GamerwithnoGame what do you have to say in your defence?

Roles left (I assume):
Farmer 0 or 2
Trader 1 or 2
Sun Priest
Guardian Angel (not really a town role) 0 or 1

Penance Angel, Fallen Angel or Trader
Fallen Angel

Since Nojr was the Enlightened Farmer, the Sun Priest must be in the game to make that role sensible.
I think that one loose-ally for the angels and one additional (Penance) Angel would be a bit unbalanced in favour of town, so that'd mean that at least 2 more Angel-aligned roles should be in the game.
A Penance Angel and a Fallen Angel would be a pretty powerful combination, so if that is the case, I do not think that there is a Guardian Angel in the game, because that role's town-allegiance is shaky at best.
And because I think that Erin would like to put as many of his new roles in the game for a test-run, I think that we're up against a normal Fallen Angel, and another one or an Uplifted Trader.
@Pyure @fowltief, what do you think of that?

And @the_j485 please participotate... :)
No major opinions. I don't agree with your fowltief assessment I suppose. I feel like its in his range to give his first vote to a wolf, and I feel like you should know that.

I feel like Gamer's retaliation vote was meaningless, although I'll allow that Nojr did essentially the same thing, so one shouldn't say its strictly unwolfy. I'm concerned about your shading him there.

Lastly, I sort of assumed there'd be a total of two wolves in this game and I don't really follow why you think there's 3 (unless I'm reading that wrong)

No offense Robijn but I'm getting a very slight scum read on you.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
what do you think of that?

Very well done. I'm quite impressed. if you're a wolf your very convincing.

i'm starting to we think may have broken Pyure with that last game...

It's been a very busy day! It's not much of a defence, I'll grant you. But it is what it is. Two young children, a day back at work after a day off with a ton of emails to catch up on, and a bunch of minor (metaphorical) fires I've been putting out all bloody day... Yeah.

I'm not of a mind to roleplay, to be honest, my heads not in the game.

Robi seems awfully quick to put people into boxes, but I think that's just how he plays, it's not necessarily wolf-like. Annoying, yes. Wolf-like... hmm.

I only voted Monster out of fun in D1 - he doesn't seem especially wolf-like either.

I don't want to vote Pyure, because it's never him.

*shrugs* I'm going to watch some more. I haven't seen enough to pin down anything I'd call suspicious, and today is going to be a long day.

*peaces out*

Monster and Gamer are my wolf picks

Vote Gamer 'im sorry but your causing alarm bells in my head.

Reactions: 016Nojr

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Very well done. I'm quite impressed. if you're a wolf your very convincing.

i'm starting to we think may have broken Pyure with that last game...

Monster and Gamer are my wolf picks
Don't be sorry Fowl, I've clearly not done a very good job of defending myself!
Vote Gamer 'im sorry but your causing alarm bells in my head.
You should probably see a doctor about that ;)

I voted Monster for fun before, but his silence now seems somewhat suspicious - if he's a wolf biding his time and letting the rest of us chip each other away... hmm. I'm going to vote Monster.

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
Here is my thoughts:
Pyure:active;town
Fowltief:active;town
Gamer:good defense;town
Monster:me;town
J:not very active;wolf
Robijn:leftover;wolf
I voted Monster for fun before, but his silence now seems somewhat suspicious - if he's a wolf biding his time and letting the rest of us chip each other away... hmm. I'm going to vote Monster.
I agree with what you said, besides the part about me. Because I'm me, I'll assume I'm town, and all your points can be applied to _j. He only posted he forgot to log in. With it being the last few hours of the day, I'm going to vote Robijn so if _j gets killed for inactivity my vote isn't pointless.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Sorry guys, literally just forgot to log in.
It's over half a day ago that you posted and you have yet to contribute or vote. I'm not liking this.
No major opinions. I don't agree with your fowltief assessment I suppose. I feel like its in his range to give his first vote to a wolf, and I feel like you should know that.

1. I feel like Gamer's retaliation vote was meaningless, although I'll allow that Nojr did essentially the same thing, so one shouldn't say its strictly unwolfy. I'm concerned about your shading him there.

2. Lastly, I sort of assumed there'd be a total of two wolves in this game and I don't really follow why you think there's 3 (unless I'm reading that wrong)
Here is my thoughts:
[...]
3. Robijn:leftover;wolf

4. With it being the last few hours of the day, [...]

1. It's not the retaliation vote that makes Gamer my top wolf, or should I say, bottom town? It is the silence that followed. However he seems to have a decent case for not being all that active.
2. I quote the role-sheet "15. There is a slightly increased number of Fallen Angel aligned players than normal.". That is the reason why I think there would be three angel-aligned roles.
3. What do you mean with "leftover"?
4. Day's end is in 15 hours, if I am not mistaken.

@MrMonsterGuy18 I don't get your reasoning for voting me, but I am giving you a chance to explain.

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
2. I quote the role-sheet "15. There is a slightly increased number of Fallen Angel aligned players than normal.". That is the reason why I think there would be three angel-aligned roles.
3. What do you mean with "leftover"?
4. Day's end is in 15 hours, if I am not mistaken.

@MrMonsterGuy18 I don't get your reasoning for voting me, but I am giving you a chance to explain.

2. Yes, but Nojr was angel aligned and he is gone, leaving 2 people

3. Whenever I said leftover I meant everyone else had a reason for that role.

4. I thought today ended in 4 hours, because I did math wrong. In that case
Vote _j

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Honestly, I have to side with Pyure here. I genuinely can't decide which argument I think's strongest, so I'm just going on gut. Vote Robijn.