Game keeps crashing on startup

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MontanaX

Jun 7, 2020
can anyone please help me! Here is the crash report.

The game crashed whilst unexpected error
Error: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
Exit Code: -1

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Daisy, daisy...

Time: 1/8/22 7:54 AM
Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
at java.nio.Buffer.checkIndex(Buffer.java:540)
at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.get(DirectByteBuffer.java:253)
at org.lwjgl.input.Keyboard.isKeyDown(Keyboard.java:407)
at mcp.mobius.waila.overlay.WailaTickHandler.tickClient(WailaTickHandler.java:62)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_909_WailaTickHandler_tickClient_ClientTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPreClientTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:325)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1587)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

it wont let me post the whole report because its over 30,000 characters

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Unfortunately, that doesn't help very much. You don't even list which pack you were trying to run when this happened. Given that it is using WAILA instead of TOP (because WAILA's tick handler errors listed), it's probably an older pack, earlier than 1.12. Some of the previous versions don't much like it when you use different versions of Java, so assuming all you did was download and run the pack and this came up, that would be my first guess based on insufficient data provided.

Without more information, there's not much that can be done. You can use paste.ee to upload a log and just provide a link to take a look at it.

MontanaX

Jun 7, 2020
Sorry I meant to put it in the title.

its FTB infinity evolved. I have added or changed anything, I was playing then crashed. Then when I start to boot thegame it crashes before I can even pick the world to start it.

ill try and upload the whole thing report that way when I get home.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Yea, Infinity Evolved was a 1.7.10 pack. It's really picky about running on Java 7, not Java 8 or later. That'd be the first thing I'd check.

Also, the new Overwolf launcher isn't exactly the best at supporting packs that old. I'd suggest MultiMC personally.