Game hang on launch

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

DaraSilverDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Game hang on launch
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity (also occurs on all others tested)
Modpack Version:
1.3.4 (also occurs on all others tested)
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
After hitting Launch, the launcher disappears as normal - then the console gets to an error about aromacore and codechickencore and the whole thing just stops
The javaw.exe instance remains in the process list using resources, but nothing ever pops up after.
I also tested this with the 1.3.3 and 1.4.1 versions of the infinity pack, the recommended versions of the Direwolf20 and Trident packs, and the Infinity pack as downloaded from the Curse launcher (which adds it's own Java 8 u25 runtime), and the same exact thing happens every time no matter what the download.
I also tried fresh installs of Java 8 u45 and Java 7 u79, with the same exact results.

disabling the aromacore modremoves that message from the chat log, but disabling codechickencore (as you would imagine) breaks things considerably. I also tried disabling the native codechickencore and replacing it with downloads of everything from v28 through v37, all with the same result of zero change.

So... Help?

DaraSilverDragon

Jul 29, 2019
It should also be noted that I tested out my vanilla instance with the javapath set to the same javaw.exe file as FTB, and it worked fine. The issue seems to be with how the launcher is handling core mods.

Lord Laraby

Jul 29, 2019
[02:18:27] [DEBUG] LaunchFrame.runGameUpdater:604: installPath: F:\Program Files (x86)\minecraft\data\FTB

This is likely your problem. You really do not want to install into a space or '()' containing path. I read the log and noticed the error relating to install folder, so it is perhaps obvious what caused the issue.

DaraSilverDragon

Jul 29, 2019
[02:18:27] [DEBUG] LaunchFrame.runGameUpdater:604: installPath: F:\Program Files (x86)\minecraft\data\FTB

This is likely your problem. You really do not want to install into a space or '()' containing path. I read the log and noticed the error relating to install folder, so it is perhaps obvious what caused the issue.

Yeah, but that's been my install directory for YEARS. I've never once had a problem with it until just this week. Nothing changed there.

Plus I have my vanilla game installed in the same directory one level up, and that still runs just fine.

DaraSilverDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Solved.
Apparently the Evolve client (www.evolvehq.com) updated recently, and was disrupting how some of the coremods were being read.
Closing the program and making the modpack do a forced update allows the game to run normally again.