Game freezing randomly

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
B

Biznasty

Title Game freezing randomly

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack FTB Presents Direwolf20 1.12

Modpack version 1.7.1

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue Randomly, my game will freeze for a second or two and then resume normally. It's not my frame rate, my computer is pretty beefy. I know about how it's caused by Java and its fixed by adding more memory to the game through the launcher, but I did that and it still persists. I've tried adding more and more memory and it keeps happening. I am playing on a server with one other person on a fresh world btw.

Edit: It happens very frequently. Every 5 seconds or so.

Edit2: I restarted my pc and added more memory, and that fixed it temporarily but then it went back to freezing every 5 seconds after about 30 minutes of being fine.

Edit3: It happens on all other modpacks as well.

Last edited:
W

Wawatz

Try to put this line in the launch option of minecraft launcher.

-XX:+UseG1GC -Xmx4G -Xms4G -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M

Put it before the existent line and put a space between them.
If it works, you will need to put this every time you launch the game

B

Biznasty

I did that and it worked for a while and then instead of quick freezes frequently, it has like 5 or 6 second freezes every 20 seconds or so.