Game freezing every 20 seconds!

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

SpaceDragon67

Jan 5, 2020
Hi everyone.

I've got a little problem when I'm playing FTB Continuum. My game is freezing every 20 secondes, I don't know why but I don't know how to fix it, I've search but nothing which looks like my problem.

I've attached 2 screens, the first before and the second shortly after the freeze. Apparently, it's due to song, but I've try to remove song... nothing.

At the beginning of the modpack I was using another launcher and I didn't have problem with these strange freezes but I had to change launcher because of a crash problem so now I have a lot of freeze fith ftb on twitch, launched by the official minecraft launcher. Somebody can help me please??

Attachments

• 2020-01-05_16.10.03.png
    2020-01-05_16.10.03.png
    574.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 2020-01-05_16.10.13.png
    2020-01-05_16.10.13.png
    567.8 KB · Views: 109

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Lower allocated ram, somewhere between 4-6gb - allocating too much will cause issues - especially on a older/lower tier computer.

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date - if you still have issues, follow instructions found here to get full log and share that:
https://support.ftb.world/

SpaceDragon67

Jan 5, 2020
I was 5Go yesterday, and I try today with more ram allocated to try. It is the same.

Last edited:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
You're playing on a server, does this happen if you play on a local world as well?

Try that out and if that also have issues, please post full log next time - not just a part of the log.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Reduce amount of allocated ram, 14gb is way to much and will cause issues - for example when garbage collection hits (java), that can cause lag spikes.

For a 1.12-based pack, somewhere 4-6gb is enough.

Change that, do a repair of the pack - instructions for repair can be found here:
https://support.ftb.world/

If you still have issues after that, post new full log.

SpaceDragon67

Jan 5, 2020
I've already say earlier in the thread that I play actually with 5GB of allocated ram , this is not the problem.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I've already say earlier in the thread that I play actually with 5GB of allocated ram , this is not the problem.

If you play with 5gb, the log you shared is not the latest one - this is from your latest log, and it clearly states that you've allocated 14gb of ram.

upload_2020-1-9_0-8-43.png

Sort that out and if you still have issues, post new log after that change - and after you played some time with the new setting.