Game freezes every 7 seconds

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
B

bobrob

Title Game freezes every 7 seconds

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack Project Ozone Lite

Modpack version 1.3.6

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue After playing for a few minutes, the game starts freezing every 7 seconds. FPS drops from 60 to 0 for about a second, then repeats every 7 seconds. The pie chart on the F3 screen shows that when it freezes, the sound takes about 80% of the chart.

Adding/removing Optifine doesn't do anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bobrob

I think I found a possible solution. Go to control panel-hardware and sound-sound, then double click on your default speakers. Click the tab that says enhancements and tick the box that says disable all sound effects.

After I did that the freezing has stopped completely, for now.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
That is so strange.

How did you come to that conclusion?

And what version of windows 10 are you on?
1709 (and/or insiders version)?

B

bobrob

I'm using Windows 10 Home version 1709.

Since the issue is sound according to the log (Something's taking too long! 'root.sound' took aprox 895.115519 ms), I've been trying different things sound-related. If I turn off all the sounds, it fixes the issue, but I really don't want to play without sound. What I did in the control panel doesn't seem to completely fix it like I thought. The longer I play, the worse it gets, so it just delayed it. Although, I'm not getting freezes anymore, more like stutters. The FPS doesn't go all the way down to 0 anymore.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Can you try without optifine and any added resourcepacks.

Optifine isn't supported and is known to cause issues with other mods / modpacks

Post new log if it still fails.

B

bobrob

Pretty sure the issue was with Avast anti-virus. This was the last thing I thought it would be because, A) I've never had an issue with it before and B) I have no idea what this has to do with the sound. Eh, whatever, it's running smoothly. For now.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Pretty sure the issue was with Avast anti-virus
Yes, Antivirus software can cause issues (if not right configured - some just cause issues regardless).

To be clear - you removed Avast (or configured) and now it works?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Nice, happy for you that you found the issue and solved it! :)