Closed Game does not launch

C

Comrade Dispenser

Summary of the problem Game does not launch

Pack Version 3.0.0

What is the bug? Whenever I try to start the game it does not launch. No other windows pop up, the console just outputs a bunch of text, then the Launch button on the launcher goes form being greyed out back to being clickable, which when clicked only causes the process to repeat.

Mod & Version FTB Presents Skyfactory 3 (v3.0.4) Minecraft Version 1.10.2
By The FTB Team

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/8c918e2c

Is it repeatable? Yes, every time I try to launch the modpack.

Known Fix No clue.

C

Comrade Dispenser

Pack version 3.0.4 not 3.0.0, I forgot to change that and it won't let me edit my post.

C

Comrade Dispenser

Can you try a fresh install of the pack?
Does it work when trying to launch with the curse app?
This was a fresh install, this was my first time attempting to play the modpack.
I don't have the Curse app installed, the modpack is available on that?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Try installing the pack again, and yes, it's available on curse

Off topic, why do you have Java 7 installed still?

C

Comrade Dispenser

I'll see how reinstalling the pack goes but it's going to take a very long time because my internet is irredeemably slow.

I was told to use Java 7 to try and play Agrarian Skies and Crash Landing because the version of Forge those packs use doesn't like Java 8, so I installed it, which didn't actually work. So there's the problem of those two also not wanting to launch, but I want to play Skyfactory more so it's the more pressing issue.
On a side note the packs Bee Happy and TerraFirmaPunk run just fine.
EDIT: FTB Infinity Evolved 1.7 also works fine, I forgot about that one, so that makes about a 50% success rate on trying to play mods I guess.

C

Comrade Dispenser

I do use Java 8, I was just explaining why I still have Java 7, because Ashzification asked and it lists the version of Java you computer has installed when you read the log printout.
Skyfactory gives me a little popup telling me that it requires Java 8 and doesn't even attempt to launch if I try to use any other version anyway.

The legacyjavafixer-1.0.jar still didn't fix the problem with Crash Landing or Agrarian Skies.

Last edited:
L

LovelyFlare

I think the unsteady connection is contributing to you not downloading the files correctly. It may just not be downloading the full parts of the file.

I do use Java 8, I was just explaining why I still have Java 7, because Ashzification asked and it lists the version of Java you computer has installed when you read the log printout.
Skyfactory gives me a little popup telling me that it requires Java 8 and doesn't even attempt to launch if I try to use any other version anyway.

The legacyjavafixer-1.0.jar still didn't fix the problem with Crash Landing or Agrarian Skies.
I can run Crash Landing off of Java 8 fine. Haven't had any major problems with it so far.