Game difficulty

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to lock a game difficulty in a mod pack with out setting the difficulty to hardcore? I am looking have my modpack start out in peacefull but then have the difficulty change as players get achievements and items.

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you could have command blocks using the /difficulty command at these points and just tell the player not to change it.. Other than that there might be a mod

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
I know there is a mod that I could use to change the difficulty. I am just looking for a way to keep players to from changing it back them self.

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
Eh.. I think most players understand that if you tell them not to do something, they're going to screw up the experience for themselves if they do it. But if you really want to stop them then one way is to have a redstone clock constantly (or periodically) running a command to change difficulty. If it runs too often it could cause lag potentially though.

H

Heathen

Check out the Difficult Life mod. You can set starting life, and the rate at which the difficulty ramps up and how high it maxes at.