Game crashes immediately after connecting to server

handl

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Vista 64 bit
Java version/update, bit type: Java version 1.7.0_45 64 bit
Launcher version: Version 1.3.4
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): Yes
Console log, pastebin.com link: Extended, Debug
Description of the problem: The launcher opens just fine, and starting a mod pack has no problem. However, as soon as the game is loaded, and I've gone to multiplayer and joined the server I play on, everything loads completely (the modpack files and such) and immediately after it crashes and sends me back to the FTB Launcher.
In pack TPPI it happens instantly, where in Monster it happens about 2-5 seconds after loading into the world, and I can move around for a quick moment before it boots me.

The main thing that comes from this is the following piece of the log:
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000000699f3bb0, pid=5112, tid=4708
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_45-b18) (build 1.7.0_45-b18)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.45-b08 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [atio6axx.dll+0x9e3bb0]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Users\Jesse\Desktop\FTB\TPPI\minecraft\hs_err_pid5112.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

Any assistance as to why this is happening would be much appreciated.

handl

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried updating java?

I've the most recent version of Java for 64 bit, 32 bit would only allow me 1GB of RAM to be allocated to FTB rather than 4.5 - 6.5 as I normally have used.

The problem with this Java error is that I was running the game fine for weeks and just yesterday I had to reinstall FTB and since then I've had nothing but problems with either downloading mod packs or playing the game.

Hobby boy

Jul 29, 2019
The version of Java the launcher is using is 7 u45, while the latest version is u51. Have you entered any advanced Java parameters in the options tab/Advanced options? I've found that 2GB of RAM allocated works fine with a permgen of 256mb (default on the launcher) on 1.6 packs.

handl

Jul 29, 2019
The version of Java the launcher is using is 7 u45, while the latest version is u51. Have you entered any advanced Java parameters in the options tab/Advanced options? I've found that 2GB of RAM allocated works fine with a permgen of 256mb (default on the launcher) on 1.6 packs.

Yeah, I know it's u45, and when I uninstall Java to reinstall the u51 64bit, it only ever gives me u45. I don't know why, either. A friend of mine runs FTB perfectly on an even more outdated version, and only recently upgraded to u45, which also worked perfectly alright, then again to u51.
I haven't entered any specific parameters, no.

I usually use a higher allocation of RAM because at 1-2GB my game lags rather badly, but at 4.5-6.5 I run very smoothly. I also don't run anything other than Skype while playing at that high of RAM allocation, so I'm still only maxing out at 5-7GB of RAM.

I'll try reinstalling Java once more and see if it works, otherwise I'll post fresh logs should it crash once more.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
You might want to try and updating your gfx card drivers to the latest non beta version. If you need to update java then download it manually and install it. Also remove old ones first then reboot. When allocating ram 5gb is more than enough.

handl

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to try and updating your gfx card drivers to the latest non beta version. If you need to update java then download it manually and install it. Also remove old ones first then reboot. When allocating ram 5gb is more than enough.

My drivers are up to date as much as they can be. Unfortunately my card is VERY old and I can't afford a new card. As well, I don't think it should be a gfx card issue as I've run the game for weeks with hours of gameplay unhindered, but suddenly I am unable to play at all. I also was able to manually update 64bit java to u51.

When launching TPPI modpack I still crash instantly upon entering the server. Here are the logs for that: Debug and Extended
When launching the Monster modpack, it as well still crashes, but instead of immediately, it's about 5-10 seconds after loading into the game, of which I cannot do much as I am still loading the world in. Here are the logs for that pack's crash: Debug and Extended

As well I continue to get a message similar to the spoiler in my first post, here is the one from the Monster pack crash.
#
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000000195a3bb0, pid=10068, tid=10724
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_51-b13) (build 1.7.0_51-b13)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.51-b03 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# C:\Users\Jesse\Desktop\FTB\Monster\minecraft\hs_err_pid10068.log
#
#

handl

Jul 29, 2019
Try the fix from the minecraft forum link below it was reported by users that it worked for them. The link for the driver sweeper program it mentions is here.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...r-right-after-login-java-error/#entry12315483

Just attempted this, and after I did it all and started FTB up, however this time I simply let the game run. I was able to play for well over a few minutes, actually going through all the keybinds and reconfiguring them to my layout, as well as resetting the video settings to the lowest (as I always play, to ensure as little lags as possible and to maximize fps), all while not moving my cursor to move my character's view, nor moving from my spot. Upon exiting the menu, I began to look around and subsequently crashed after a few seconds. This was in Monster.
Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Test Pack Please Ignore, as that instantly crashes upon character load still.

handl

Jul 29, 2019
What gfx card do you have? Do you have it set to fast gfx in the options. Can you post the new log please?

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3450. I can't make changes to the card, unfortunately, so it's at whatever the factory setting is. Although as I said before, I don't think it's a graphic card error, as yesterday before 2 pm my game was working just fine, and the same before over the last two weeks with extensive play time.
Monster crash logs: Minimal Debug Extended
Reached maximum amount of pastebin uploads per 24 hours, so I will be unable to add additional logs for now.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I have an ATI Radeon HD 3450. I can't make changes to the card, unfortunately, so it's at whatever the factory setting is. Although as I said before, I don't think it's a graphic card error, as yesterday before 2 pm my game was working just fine, and the same before over the last two weeks with extensive play time.
Monster crash logs: Minimal Debug Extended
Reached maximum amount of pastebin uploads per 24 hours, so I will be unable to add additional logs for now.

Sorry I meant to say fast gfx in the video options in minecraft.

handl

Jul 29, 2019
#
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000019793bb0, pid=3492, tid=4748
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_51-b13) (build 1.7.0_51-b13)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.51-b03 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
#
#
# C:\Users\Jesse\Desktop\FTB\Monster\minecraft\hs_err_pid3492.log
#
#

I still get this exact error when trying to run the game. It's definitely something that has to do with Java, as it's always the JRE showing as the error. I might try to download a previous version of Java to test it, but not right now.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
The only think I know about this issue is:
The thread Uni linked above is the only "known fix"

Are your drivers all up to date?

handl

Jul 29, 2019
All drivers are up to date, yes. I've done the above "fix" as well as several others, and still nothing.

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
well, from what i can see, java is crashing because of a fault in atio6axx.dll, which is the AMD 64 bit OpenGL driver.
there is 1 method i know of that may fix it, but is kind of hit and miss, but ill detail it anyway...

THIS PROCESS WILL REMOVE YOUR DRIVERS COMPLETELY SO YOU CAN REINSTALL THEM:
1. Go here and download this utility: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
2. then go here and download the latest drivers for your graphics card: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
3. make a backup or a system restore point encase something goes tits up!!!
4. launch the DDU utility you downloaded in "1."
5. select AMD from the select graphics driver list if not already selected
6. tick "remove c:\AMD and/or c:\Nvidia folders" option
7. click the clean and restart button and let the program do its thing
8. once your pc reboots, you should see windows installing drivers for your graphics card
9. run the installer you downloaded at "2." to reinstall your graphics drivers
10. reboot one last time to make sure everything has installed properly.
11. try running FTB. let us know what happens :)

handl

Jul 29, 2019
well, from what i can see, java is crashing because of a fault in atio6axx.dll, which is the AMD 64 bit OpenGL driver.
there is 1 method i know of that may fix it, but is kind of hit and miss, but ill detail it anyway...

THIS PROCESS WILL REMOVE YOUR DRIVERS COMPLETELY SO YOU CAN REINSTALL THEM:
1. Go here and download this utility: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
2. then go here and download the latest drivers for your graphics card: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool
3. make a backup or a system restore point encase something goes tits up!!!
4. launch the DDU utility you downloaded in "1."
5. select AMD from the select graphics driver list if not already selected
6. tick "remove c:\AMD and/or c:\Nvidia folders" option
7. click the clean and restart button and let the program do its thing
8. once your pc reboots, you should see windows installing drivers for your graphics card
9. run the installer you downloaded at "2." to reinstall your graphics drivers
10. reboot one last time to make sure everything has installed properly.
11. try running FTB. let us know what happens :)

I've done this. I have already ran DDU, which was done up further in the thread. I've ran it and used the auto-detect tool (I always use that rather than updating from the device drivers) and it still doesn't fix the problem.

I really am failing to understand what the problem is because it's listing java as the problem, not my graphics card, but I can gander that the gfx card could be the problem due to how it is I'm crashing. I just don't get it because nothing is different than when I first installed FTB on the computer, and for the weeks of play that went unhindered. Now I can't download modpacks without it failing multiple times and getting lucky at it not failing, and can't play the game whatsoever.

I really thank you all for the help, but I'm just going to leave it as it is. I'm going to try to save up for an up-to-date Nvidia card and maybe then it might work.