Game crash

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Max_Output

Jul 29, 2019
Title Game crash

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack Inventions

Modpack version 1.7.10

Have you modified the pack?

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/48ad1704

Details of the issue Was working fine till the latest launcher update.
At first Sphax Pack would not load up and was reverting back to default textures, but now Inventions will nor even start.
it begins to load up then crashes back to the launcher.
It came up with not enough ram but was working fine before.
i have tried to reinstall Sphax pack, but to no avail.
I have contacted DBcraft about this as well but they say its a ram issue, which i can not understand as the game and Sphax pack works fine in all the other Minecraft games i play, including:
Beyond 1.12
Infinity 1.10.2
Direwolf20 1.10
Unleashed 1.5.2
Ultimate 1.4.7
Its just Inventions that is having the issues

Last edited by a moderator:

Max_Output

Jul 29, 2019
i just tried another 1.7.10 mine craft mod pack and its definitely something wrong with the new launcher update that is causing issues with 1.7.10 mods.
Got this error report from another 1.7.10 game:
Chisel: Errors like "[FML]: Unable to lookup ..." are NOT the cause of this crash. You can safely ignore these errors. And update forge while you're at it.
EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:
* An unknown AE2 API is installed (rv3 from appliedenergistics2-rv3-beta-6.jar).
Ender IO was build against API version rv2 and may or may not work with a newer version.
* An unsupportted old RF API is installed (1.7.10R1.0.0 from Minechem-1.7.10-5.0.5.406.jar).
Ender IO needs at least 1.7.10R1.0.2 and will NOT work with older versions.

Max_Output

Jul 29, 2019
A further update on this 1.7.10 issue we seem to be having:
I tried 4 different resource pack on Inventions 1.7.10 and all 4 of them would not load.
And no I didnt add them all at once...im not that stupid...lol
There is definitely an issue with the latest launcher update and 1.7.10 game mods.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Does the pack load without the resource pack? Try removing fastcraft and see if it loads.

Max_Output

Jul 29, 2019
It dont load without resource packs, it wont load if i remove fast craft or if i remove any of the mod pack contents.
As i have stated...its the launcher update that has caused the issues. It was working fine before this update.
I have tried different 1.7.10 mod packs and get the exact same thing...resource packs wont load in or the game wont load up.
FTB need to roll back the launcher to its previous version and fix their update.
As for the Ender IO errors i have shown...I never got them before the update.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
We need log files in order to diagnose the issue. Without them we can't be of much help. The one log you did post clearly points to fastcraft as the issue.

As a test (only a test) have you tried the curse/twitch launcher?

Max_Output

Jul 29, 2019
Please be respectful to helpers and help them to help you
The issue is the the launcher update..its not any of the mod packs.
And im not going to sit here for hours loading and unloading parts of packs and posting log files for each thing...thats not my job.
Its may sound harsh but its a fact. If you want log files for each mod removal, then I suggest you load up 1.7.10 mods and try them yourselves.
I have told you what the issue is and where the problem lays.
Get FTB to roll back the launcher

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Well as a test even though I don't normally use the FTB launcher I used it to launch two 1.7.10 with no issues. I also loaded a 1.10.2 pack no issue. So whatever is going on is isolated to you. No else is reporting issues. And I really don't think the FTB team is going to roll back the launcher for just you. So if you would like some help at least work with us. I'm not saying you have to test every single mod. But, lets pick one pack you are having issues with do a fresh install of that pack to make sure nothing weird is going on. Then give us the log for that pack. Let us help you.

Reactions: mc.crab and jikuja

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
We need log files in order to diagnose the issue. Without them we can't be of much help.
+1

As for the Ender IO errors i have shown...I never got them before the update.
Did your game crash earlier? That line is for diagnostics and part of crash log.

And im not going to sit here for hours loading and unloading parts of packs and posting log files for each thing...thats not my job.
You already tried 4 packs. Is it really that hard to press upload log button and paste link to forum or is there any particular reason(s) not to share full log? ref: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/launcher-feedback.43526/

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
The issue is the the launcher update..its not any of the mod packs.
Its may sound harsh but its a fact. If you want log files for each mod removal, then I suggest you load up 1.7.10 mods and try them yourselves.
I have told you what the issue is and where the problem lays.
Get FTB to roll back the launcher

I can assure you, if there was a fundamental problem with the latest launcher update this board would be flooded with issues, we'd have identified and diagnosed it immediately and resolved the issue. Clearly that isn't the case, you've come here trying to get help to solve your crash but are unwilling to actually provide relevant info that can help us help you to resolve it.

If you don't want to provide the information our volunteer helpers are asking for then you can't expect to have your issue resolved. Speculation on what your issue may actually be is a little redundant and also counterproductive, because without the relevant logs to analyse we'd just be shooting in the dark.

Help us help you, because your conclusions are incorrect. If you actually knew the problem you'd solve it without asking for help.

Max_Output

Jul 29, 2019
Is it now??? well i jut got my mate to send me his PRE UPDATE Launcher exe files and now my FTB is working fine...so explain that if its not the launcher update?