Future of Ninja's Minecraft Blog

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ninjaofquest

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, it's Ninjaofquest. I am the creator of Ninja's Minecraft Blog. The original thread is found here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/tech-world-adventures-a-blog-style-lets-play.47212/
I made this thread because the old blog thread is aged.

I have not been able to update the blog in a couple months. News on future plans for this blog are located here: http://ninjamc.blogspot.com/2014/09/important-news-future-of-this-blog.html

Also, if this post is in the wrong forum, then feel free to move it to the correct forum. Please do not delete this thread as I would like to get the news out to the fans.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Thats an interesting list of content mods you have there.

Ive been pillaging the Hexplore-it mod list for inspiration for mods to add to a mostly magic / exploration & building oriented server.

Question: what is the relative balance of Wildycraft / Mists of RioV vs Twilight Forest? I want additional dimension to explore mods, but I tried Aether II before and was unhappy with the total revamp of the GUI and other content - It didn't really slot in as an "optional" place to explore in the way that TF did.

Ninjaofquest

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest I have only tried TF. I watched some more of Wildycraft and I found myself unimpressed, so I can likely put in Mists of RioV and try that. I can get back to you on the balance factor.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Isnt there a lot of overlap in having roguelike AND doomlike AND (potentially) chocolate quest?

I find - at the default spawn rates - they have a tendency to spawn over each other - Also, roguelike dungeons come off as a lot more polished than doomlike. Can't comment on Chocolate quests dungeons...

Ninjaofquest

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, there is a lot of overlap between Roguelike and Doomlike dungeons but Doomlike offers the ability to allow mob spawns. Chocolate quest creates more unique structures atop the landscape so the world at least looks more lively. I am also (potentially) adding Dungeon Pack, which I do realize is overkill. Since so many structures are going to spawn, I am going to decrease spawn rates for all of them if I can.

Another thing I'll do if I can is make Roguelike's loot different from Doomlike's loot. That's why I am including the TooMuchLoot mod so I can customize what goes where so you don't get the same two things of horse armor every time.

I can investigate Roguelike Dungeons and see if they allow or will allow custom mobs. If they do or will then I will remove Doomlike. But from what I've seen so far Roguelike doesn't do that.

Ninjaofquest

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the heads-up, Gideon. I will admit this is the first modpack that I'm creating (for myself) and any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Ninjaofquest

Jul 29, 2019
@Chris Becke , I loaded Mists of RioV and Twilight Forest together today. You should be good if you're gonna play both as RioV's mobs do not spawn in Twilight Forest. However, RioV's mobs do kill every kind of hostile mob they see. Hopefully there's a config option that can control this behavior.

Doomlike Dungeons will not make it to the pack. After quickly reading the forum post on Roguelike Dungeons, I found out that Roguelike supports custom spawner configs. I'll try to do something about it when I fish around in the configs.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to put some work into it. Atomicstryker's Ruins mod spawns in custom structures per biome. Its great for dotting a landscape with tombs and grave sites.

The default ruins are ok but it can truely come into its own as you can export structures you build in game as templates, drop them into the folder structure and have them spawn randomly in a world.