Fusion Reactor insanity...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't agree with the mods (or the configuration thereof) that a server is running, you have three choices: 1.) talk to the server admins, or 2.) go play somewhere else, or 3.) run your own server with your ideal mod list/configuration.

Nobody forces you to play a certain mod. Only you can force yourself.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, GregTech tends to make me not even bother using IC2 until I have MASSIVE amounts of resources. And even then, only for the GraviSuit. I have TE, so why would I sacrifice so many resources to get something WORSE than what TE does for like 2 gold ingots, some iron, and some glass? 3 diamonds, a ton of rubber and copper, and 8 iron, or some glass, 7 iron, 1 or 2 gold, and some redstone to do the same thing PLUS have a chance to get some extra dusts of other ore types? Not a hard choice for me :p It's why I disable GregTech when I'm not playing on a server.

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
I agree Gregstech renders IC2 useless when there is TE, yep the gravsuit is the only worthwhile item.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Well thats why I had two suggestions (na... one is a full set of suggestions).

1. If GregTech is in a ModPack the config should enable the more expensive TE-Machines (Pulverizer, Smelter). If Challange, than completly.
2. Although I dislike a lot of GregTechs balance-changes I decided that it might be a better option to suggest some changes at the IC2-Forums.

I already suggest a more expensive diamond-drill and I will look into some other things which might fit better in terms of rebalancing. Having a Fusion-Reactor that is just inefficient doesn't bother me. There are a lot of things in a lot of mods that I never used because it is just useless and GregTech has a lot of this stuff too. But having stuff that is too weak is better than having stuff that is too strong.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
err, recently Greg buffed the fusion reactor output of Deuterium + Tritium to 33 millions eu total per cycle (from 1 million eu)..

EDIT: The Chrome amount needed for the Highly Advanced Machine Blocks is a pain though :( 24 fusion coils-> 96 chromes-> 864 rubies-> LOL

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, GregTech tends to make me not even bother using IC2 until I have MASSIVE amounts of resources. And even then, only for the GraviSuit. I have TE, so why would I sacrifice so many resources to get something WORSE than what TE does for like 2 gold ingots, some iron, and some glass? 3 diamonds, a ton of rubber and copper, and 8 iron, or some glass, 7 iron, 1 or 2 gold, and some redstone to do the same thing PLUS have a chance to get some extra dusts of other ore types? Not a hard choice for me :p It's why I disable GregTech when I'm not playing on a server.

I agree in concept, but not your solution:)

I find properly modifying the config to go back to simpler recipes on most items and keeping gregtech is better. After all, who doesn't want a fusion reactor?

Heck, if nothing else...superconducting wires + super MFSUs is awesome. Teleportation networks love having even more storage to pull from. Oh, and an electric drill with silk touch? ( rock cutter ), very nice to have.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019

Actually If you turn on that expensive recipe for Pulverizer it is somewhat equivalent to Rock Crusher and Greg expensive recipe.. and I tend to use IC2 advanced machines because you can process all the items MUCH faster than TE machines..good for early game but later.. meh..

OFF TOPIC: actually diamond is very easy to get (I consider this as OP) if you use GregTech+mystcraft+EE3 (age with glowstone->glowstone->gold->diamond)..

malfunctionMC

Jul 29, 2019
I agree in concept, but not your solution:)

I find properly modifying the config to go back to simpler recipes on most items and keeping gregtech is better. After all, who doesn't want a fusion reactor?

Heck, if nothing else...superconducting wires + super MFSUs is awesome. Teleportation networks love having even more storage to pull from. Oh, and an electric drill with silk touch? ( rock cutter ), very nice to have.

"Who doesn't want a fusion reactor?"... might I suggest you try building the support system capable of supplying fuel fast enough to keep the thing running constantly before making rash statements.

Honza8D

Jul 29, 2019
"Who doesn't want a fusion reactor?"... might I suggest you try building the support system capable of supplying fuel fast enough to keep the thing running constantly before making rash statements.
You dont need to run it constantly, just make a lot of material beforehand, strore the energy from fusion reactor in idsu and then youll have it always avalibe until you run out. Also fusion reactor is going to have huge buff in new version.

MCJinzha

Jul 29, 2019
I like how GregTech makes IC2 more challenging. The endgame stuff is just a little.... too endgame, but I love the industrial centrifuge :D

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019

I never said anything about it being practical. It'd just be awesome to have one:) A fusion reactor is up there with jetpacks and flying cars.

'course, I'm hoping to upgrade to the newer version of gregtech here shortly, so then it'd be practical too. NTM as previously stated, once you get rolling and move into Deuterium and He3 it becomes substantially easier to produce the fuel.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
The Problem I have with Gregs is only about the Mining-Drill. I have a Nano-Suit, a Mining-Laser and a Lappack but no Mining-Drill because I haven't found a nether-fortress yet to get Blazes.

So I did the alternative route and I placed 32 Stacks of Redstone in the Centrifuge to get 32 Endereye-Dust which leads to 16 Blazepowder (yeah you need 9... but you need to create 8 at a time -.-). That's rather insane. Oh and I turned the more expensive recipes on for TE so the Pulverizer and the Induction-Smelter also cost 2 Diamonds, which makes their cost more in line with similar machines in Factorization, Railcraft and IC2 with Gregs.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Can anybody explain to me how i can get all the energy out of the fusion reactor. Because i have tried it the whole morning and can only get 2 MFSUs connected to it which each recieve 2048EU/t. So the reactor starts filling up to its max and looses energy!

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously, i dont know whats the problem with all the energy. I use Transformers Mod and burn BC fuel and Forrestry fuel along with railcrafts steam. It easily charges everything i need so far ...

MCJinzha

Jul 29, 2019
The Problem I have with Gregs is only about the Mining-Drill. I have a Nano-Suit, a Mining-Laser and a Lappack but no Mining-Drill because I haven't found a nether-fortress yet to get Blazes.

So I did the alternative route and I placed 32 Stacks of Redstone in the Centrifuge to get 32 Endereye-Dust which leads to 16 Blazepowder (yeah you need 9... but you need to create 8 at a time -.-). That's rather insane. Oh and I turned the more expensive recipes on for TE so the Pulverizer and the Induction-Smelter also cost 2 Diamonds, which makes their cost more in line with similar machines in Factorization, Railcraft and IC2 with Gregs.
Respect man! That's a lot of redstone! I wish I had the determination for these kind of actions :p

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't matter already tried that.

Youre using the newer version of gregtech correct?

Im not at home atm so I cant test things out myself. Is there no way to hook up multiple energy storage in a line? If not you may just need to cycle the reactor on and off.