Fun Mid-Game mods that I should work on?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HSIkMy

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Look at #16. Currently playing Infinity Evolved (Normal Mode) and looking for some things to do during mid-game

Here is my base and my ore storage. I'm playing on my own custom modpack, Mixture 2, which is a remake of my Mixture modpack that is somewhat popular on the Chinese forums. I think I'm beginning my mid-game as I already have 8 stacks of iron that is *probably* enough for everything that I'm going to make before getting a quarry. I don't have a good storage of uranium, but since my reactor fuel multiplier is 2.5 instead of 8 in FTB Infinity they should keep me up long enough. I am in lack of copper though, since I branch mine with a bronze hammer at Y: 11, but that's a relatively easy problem to solve.
I have a Smeltery that can hold 80 items, a Big Reactor, a Nether and Twilight portal. No machines yet. What mod should I tackle first from my current storage of items? Or should I go meteorite hunting now?
eqFmHVj.png

aui70Ap.png

Lla1Hnq.png

Xnb7g5x.png

Last edited:

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my base and my ore storage. I'm playing on my own custom modpack, Mixture 2, which is a remake of my Mixture modpack that is somewhat popular on the Chinese forums. I think I'm beginning my mid-game as I already have 8 stacks of iron that is *probably* enough for everything that I'm going to make before getting a quarry. I don't have a good storage of uranium, but since my reactor fuel multiplier is 2.5 instead of 8 in FTB Infinity they should keep me up long enough. I am in lack of copper though, since I branch mine with a bronze hammer at Y: 11, but that's a relatively easy problem to solve.
I have a Smeltery that can hold 80 items, a Big Reactor, a Nether and Twilight portal. No machines yet. What mod should I tackle first from my current storage of items? Or should I go meteorite hunting now?
eqFmHVj.png

aui70Ap.png

Lla1Hnq.png

Xnb7g5x.png
With those resources, I would make a few thermal expansion machines and power them off something cheap to start off with, such as a steam dynamo. I would also make an induction smelter and make a few magmatic dynamos, and make 2 ender tanks, some energy+fluid pipes, and pump lava from the nether for early power. I would then go mining for a bit and get enough resources for a quarry.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
With those resources, I would make a few thermal expansion machines and power them off something cheap to start off with, such as a steam dynamo. I would also make an induction smelter and make a few magmatic dynamos, and make 2 ender tanks, some energy+fluid pipes, and pump lava from the nether for early power. I would then go mining for a bit and get enough resources for a quarry.
He already has a Big Reactor, so power isn't an issue.

I'd recommend either making a compass, go meteorite hunting and get a basic ME setup going, or diving into one of the more content-rich mods. Whether that's magic, or tech, or whatever you're into, I'd say pick a mod you've not used much before, or that you've used before but started it during the lategame. Try the mod fresh as it were. I've been doing that with Witchery on an Infinity server, and pushing through it from the earlygame has meant I've had to do a lot more of some things than I otherwise would in the earlygame (hunting for rare mobs, gathering various mob drops etc.) I've reached what feels like a midgame point, without even setting myself up a power system yet. It's been a fun experience.

Reactions: mattp_12

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm beginning my mid-game as I already have 8 stacks of iron that is *probably* enough for everything that I'm going to make before getting a quarry.
The mid game start when you have a quarry. Any good reasons to not build one ? You have all the pieces. The the next things on your list imho would be a mfr harvester and then a working mfr autospawner.

HSIkMy

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice if we knew what mods you had in the pack
Pretty much all mods in FTB infinity, I have Thermal Expansion, Ender IO, Draconic Evolution, ExU, Buildcraft, Forestry, MFR and other RF mods but no Mekanism(yet, since balancing it is quite a bit of pain), Industrialcraft 2, Advanced Solar and GraviSuits. I have both Biomes O' Plenty and ExtraBiomesXL. I'm planning on adding adventure mods as well but the main focus of the pack is tech

edit: Thaumcraft(With thaumic tinkerer and electro-magic tools), Botania, Witchery and Blood Magic as well

Last edited:

HSIkMy

Jul 29, 2019
He already has a Big Reactor, so power isn't an issue.

I'd recommend either making a compass, go meteorite hunting and get a basic ME setup going, or diving into one of the more content-rich mods. Whether that's magic, or tech, or whatever you're into, I'd say pick a mod you've not used much before, or that you've used before but started it during the lategame. Try the mod fresh as it were. I've been doing that with Witchery on an Infinity server, and pushing through it from the earlygame has meant I've had to do a lot more of some things than I otherwise would in the earlygame (hunting for rare mobs, gathering various mob drops etc.) I've reached what feels like a midgame point, without even setting myself up a power system yet. It's been a fun experience.
I've dug up 4 meteorites and I'm still lacking Engineering press. Should I just build a ME chest out of what I have? :/

HSIkMy

Jul 29, 2019
The mid game start when you have a quarry. Any good reasons to not build one ? You have all the pieces. The the next things on your list imho would be a mfr harvester and then a working mfr autospawner.
A good reason would be it mines so slow... I think I prefer hand-mining until i get an ender quarry

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Then you need the mfr spawner to make ender pearls. Unless you don't mind spending 6 nights killing enough endermen to make the ender quarry without the spawner.

It's not really a matter of if you are faster then the quarry. It's the matter of being alone or being with the quarry. No matter what, the quarry will do a part of your job in an idle fashion. And this gives you access to more resources to do more complex and better projects.

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I feel idle-y I try to automate basic renewable resources like getting silicon, saltpeter glass etc from cobblegen or growing all kinds of wood. But thats after getting a first set of machines though.

HSIkMy

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I feel idle-y I try to automate basic renewable resources like getting silicon, saltpeter glass etc from cobblegen or growing all kinds of wood. But thats after getting a first set of machines though.
And that's a lot of energy for early-game

HSIkMy

Jul 29, 2019
Then you need the mfr spawner to make ender pearls. Unless you don't mind spending 6 nights killing enough endermen to make the ender quarry without the spawner.

It's not really a matter of if you are faster then the quarry. It's the matter of being alone or being with the quarry. No matter what, the quarry will do a part of your job in an idle fashion. And this gives you access to more resources to do more complex and better projects.
How about hunting in greatwood trees for ender-lily seeds, melt them and cast them in a smeltery?
edit: Or just hunt some more Liches..?

Last edited:

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
And that's a lot of energy for early-game
I recommend building pulverizer, alloy furnace n stuff before anything. After that you can do morr creative things. Because every machine cables and alike needs some form of crafting step in machines

HSIkMy

Jul 29, 2019
Well
I recommend building pulverizer, alloy furnace n stuff before anything. After that you can do morr creative things. Because every machine cables and alike needs some form of crafting step in machines
Hmm I chose EnderIO and built Alloy Smelter and SAG mill. What should I do next?

HSIkMy

Jul 29, 2019
Necro, relevant. Currently playing FTB Infinity Evolved and I'm looking for some things to do for mid-game. Have ~2k RF/t power generation from 2 MFR steam boilers and a BR turbine with Electrum blocks optimized for 1800 RPM with 800 mB/t steam. My item supplies are pretty much the same with in #1, except I already have a small ME system linked to a crapton of drawers and a single ME drive with 10 1k cells, and a HUGE smeltery that can auto-output blocks and ingots for me when I put a ton of ores in. Plus a basic vanillaspawner-based mob farm of blazes, witches, zombies and skeletons, planning on putting cursed earth on it.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Necro, relevant. Currently playing FTB Infinity Evolved and I'm looking for some things to do for mid-game. Have ~2k RF/t power generation from 2 MFR steam boilers and a BR turbine with Electrum blocks optimized for 1800 RPM with 800 mB/t steam. My item supplies are pretty much the same with in #1, except I already have a small ME system linked to a crapton of drawers and a single ME drive with 10 1k cells, and a HUGE smeltery that can auto-output blocks and ingots for me when I put a ton of ores in. Plus a basic vanillaspawner-based mob farm of blazes, witches, zombies and skeletons, planning on putting cursed earth on it.
Throw yourself in a completely different direction - I recommend Thaumcraft, Botania, Blood Magic or Witchery.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Build an automated TNT factory. Build your house out of the produce. Light your house exclusively with with Redstone Lamps.