Fun Items in ultimate 1.4.7?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xanawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Wondering if there are any unique/fun/interesting/helpful items that i may not know about, a few examples of items i already have is the portable hole, Coin of fortune and destruction catalyst.

Anything is appreciated :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Xanawolf, I'm actually just curious, why are you playing such an old pack?

I'm not in any way trying to dissuade you from it, just generally curious if it has a specific appeal.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Xanawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Makes sense. Perhaps consider FTB Infinity Evolved when you're ready to check something else out, its the current flagship "kitchen sink" pack (2 or 3 packs removed from Ultimate I think, following Monster and/or Unleashed).

Its been a while, but if memory serves, Xeno's Reliquary has fun toys in it.
http://ftbwiki.org/Xeno's_Reliquary

Gravity gun was also neat iirc.
http://ftbwiki.org/Gravity_Gun

Soul shards were very popular
http://ftbwiki.org/Soul_Shards

Thanks, already got a portal gun which can do the same as the gravity gun and i know all about soul shards, those items from xeno look interesting ill try some of them

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate was the funnest pack I played, altho I suspect that may be more due to circumstances (it was the first FTB modpack I ever played) than anything else. Minecraft has been no different from any other game for me - at the beginning, the game is the most fun I've ever had, but a few short years later and it's just another game I've become all too bored with. Sigh. But yeah, I still remember my FTB Ultimate world fondly. I wish I had saved it, but at some point I deleted the files and its gone for good.

Xanawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate was the funnest pack I played, altho I suspect that may be more due to circumstances (it was the first FTB modpack I ever played) than anything else. Minecraft has been no different from any other game for me - at the beginning, the game is the most fun I've ever had, but a few short years later and it's just another game I've become all too bored with. Sigh. But yeah, I still remember my FTB Ultimate world fondly. I wish I had saved it, but at some point I deleted the files and its gone for good.
Thats pretty much the same thing that happened to me lol, ultimate was my first modpack and i fell in love with it

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thats pretty much the same thing that happened to me lol, ultimate was my first modpack and i fell in love with it

Well, even tho some may marvel at how you "stayed in the past" (lol, but witness Pyure's question as the perfect example), I think you made a terrific choice to stick with your Ultimate world. There is a lot that has changed since the Ultimate 1.4.7 days, but mostly in the magic mods. Since I'm a tech person, and since Ultimate had the "ultimate" tech mod (GregTech of course), I was perfectly happy. Then there was a falling out of sorts, due to Greg's abrasive personality, and things have never quite been the same (in my opinion, probably not shared by all).

Infitech 2 modpack (3rd party pack but private, you have to search out the code for it and don't ask me why that makes any sense at all except it must be because of the whole Gregorious T fallout) is probably gonna be your best choice if you ever do decide to move forward to the present-day with FTB. That pack has GregTech in it, just like Ultimate did. But GT changed quite a bit, mostly due to the oregen which is totally unique. I love the oregen but a lot of people didn't. And Greg never finished that version, he moved on to the next one, leaving others to "patch it up" a bit. And so it goes in the modded minecraft world. LOL

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I have to admit, I've on a couple occasions considered trying Ultimate, but I don't really want to install an old version of Java for it. Though if I run it through the Curse launcher (assuming it's on there...) it will download the proper version when it runs and delete it when I quit, won't it?

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
... since Ultimate had the "ultimate" tech mod (GregTech of course), I was perfectly happy. Then there was a falling out of sorts, due to Greg's abrasive personality, and things have never quite been the same (in my opinion, probably not shared by all)....

Check out TechReborn, it's basically a port of GT2 to MC1.7 / 1.9