FTB XP Grinder?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Exdefire

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for an automated XP Grinder. if any of you watch Aubron Wood from the Mindcraft FTB Fan Server you know what I'm talking about. It uses spawners to spawn mobs, then pushes them into what I assume is a melee turtle? Just a guess, if someone could post a video making one that would be amazing!

It is straight up FTB (Not Magic World) and if you look at Aubron Wood (FTB ep 2 I think) he shows it but doesnt exactly explain it. Also I'm looking for a program. I have a nice one but I have to run it myself every few mobs.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a vanilla xp grinder to me. Just use water currents to convey mobs to the kill spot, preferably dropping them 20-something (I forget the precise number) blocks to bring them down to minimal HP. The only difference from vanilla is that you have a robot attacking the mobs for you, so just place a melee turtle by them and tell it to start attacking whenever you normally would.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
The melee turtle doesn't give xp when it kills something though does it? and even if it did you would have to be nearby to collect the xp because it wouldn't without downloading one of the extra peripheral mods.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
I don't personally use Turtles, but I have heard that the melee ones do result in exp and rare drops. As for collecting the exp, it's not something worth bothering with a World Anchor for because of that. Only have it run when you're there. Alternatively, if you have Thaumcraft installed as well, you can place the Brain in a Jar near to it to collect the exp which you can retrieve from it later.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
The melee turtle doesn't give xp when it kills something though does it? and even if it did you would have to be nearby to collect the xp because it wouldn't without downloading one of the extra peripheral mods.
You could collect it with thaumcraft jars.