FTB Unleashed - Just got the biggest fright!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

First post here, really enjoying FTB Unleashed so far, one of the things I like about MineCraft is that sometimes it can make you really jump out of your chair.

Anyway, there I am in my main building, machines ticking away and fiddling with the ME crafting terminal (this week i'm teaching myself the Applied Energistics mod). I'm the only player on my whitelisted server, and it's just me that's on.

I hear footsteps and a door close in the lower level... odd.

I wander down one of the stairways to have a look, nothing... go outside, nothing.
I go back up stairs to my machine room and resume tinkering... I hear more footsteps, closer this time.

I turn around and see movement between a row of engines I've set up.. so i wander over to investigate...

Around the corner an armoured figure literally POPS OUT at me, wearing a full modular power suit.. my suit.. was on the armour stand!

Argh! The way it appeared suddenly right around the corner gave me a real start, it was absolutely not what I was expecting...naturally I ran like heck, lured it downstairs, ran back up, suited up and killed it (Turned out to be a skeleton).

One of the reasons I really enjoy MineCraft, it still manages to give you the odd fright!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah I have been wondering what is causing this. Have seen skeletons wearing armour identical to mine several times. But the armour only seems to be decorative. Despite it looking like they are wearing Quantum armor/advanced nano chestplate, they died just as easy as any other mob.

D8SfqBC.png

Happens with zombie pigmen too:
yxUHwqE.png

Reactions: kaiomann

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I have been wondering what is causing this. Have seen skeletons wearing armour identical to mine several times. But the armour only seems to be decorative. Despite it looking like they are wearing Quantum armor/advanced nano chestplate, they died just as easy as any other mob.

D8SfqBC.png

Happens with zombie pigmen too:
yxUHwqE.png

Nether sheriffs xD

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually terrified of many things in this game. I am ashamed.

- While in creative, i'm terrified of mining through bedrock and falling into nothingness.
- The water is dark and scary, mining oil out in the sea terrifies me.
- Dimensional Doors mod. So. Freaking. Terrifying.
- Mining and come across a huge cavern/hole that goes down seemingly forever. NOPE. I'll just go this way instead.
- Large lava pools in the nether, even if you have the armor to swim in it, you can't see an inch in front of you!

Don't know why this game scares me the way it does, I can beat "scary" games like Amnesia without any issues. -.-

Reactions: Larmonade and rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That pigman is cooler than all the guys I know.
Hehe yeah. I actually don't like the Soartex looks of the quantum armour, and used to modify the pack with other textures for the armour(been too lazy to do it now for a while). But it really rocks for the Pigman! :p

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
^ Always with the high tech option...
9jhgCXU.jpg

A nice, shiny set of armor does make mobs far more sinister. It's one of my favourite non-automation features I think.

Reactions: Zexks

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the problem is that mobs don't gain the benefit of all armor pieces. I've suited up zombies in full quantum to test this before, and they weren't hard to kill. I've also suited them up in full Fiery Armor before, but they didn't set me on fire when I attacked them. All pieces had Fiery Aura II, but I still wasn't set on fire. The requirement for Fiery Aura to work is that all armor pieces must have the enchantment. Thus, I can only assume that one or more of the armor pieces wasn't providing any protection for the zombie. I attacked and killed it, and only some of the armor pieces took durability damage. I also gave a zombie Boots of the Traveller, but it couldn't walk straight up 1 block ledges. It still had to jump.

It seems like some sort of weird glitch. I'll have to check whether this only applies to FTB, or if it applies to vanilla Minecraft as well.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
The thing that made me jump was shortly after I'd added TiC I didn't know that the blue slimes could jump over fences so I'm happily playing around with my trees n' bees outside, safe behind my fences. No mobs are getting me... then I got blown up out of nowhere, heh not only can the slimes jump my walls they also carry creepers.....

Reactions: PierceSG

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The thing that made me jump was shortly after I'd added TiC I didn't know that the blue slimes could jump over fences so I'm happily playing around with my trees n' bees outside, safe behind my fences. No mobs are getting me... then I got blown up out of nowhere, heh not only can the slimes jump my walls they also carry creepers.....

and that day, WTFFFS learned a valuable lesson.
the end.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok I was playing around with turtle building programs and while waiting for one to stop, I decided to go bash a huge pile of the mobs that had spawned under a dome I had already had it build. And right there in the middle was once again a skeleton wearing identical armour as me. Oh well not the first time I have seen that so nothing special. Until I had a look in my inventory for the loot:
Fv9myQB.png

A perfect copy of my enchanted Quantum helmet :p I guess they can indeed drop the armour as loot lol.