FTB Unleashed Inventory & Character Position Not Saving

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BigFriendlyJakey

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys N Gals,
So I've got a bit of a dilemma,
Basically, the title says it all,
No matter what I do, what I change in or out of game, I load in the exact same spot, with the exact same inventory every time I play my SP world (and everything that I have on my person will reset to a default save that it has saved for my world).
My world around me saves though (e.g. if I put anything in a chest, or place anything, it will save)
Have no idea where to start so just let me know if there's a quick fix.

Cheers

(ps, on the plus side, I have 64 iridium in the default save inventory, so it's basically an infinite source, but still feels extremely cheaty)

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Try adding your save folder (or your whole FTB instance folder) into your antivirus exclusions; I may be wrong, but it sounds like something is preventing a file from being updated/saved that is storing your player inventory.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I've never used a Mac or Mavericks, so your guess is better than mine. Though Googling "adding exclusions to Mavericks" may be the best solution if you don't know.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
OSX mavericks has no spot for an anti virus... nor probably needs one at this time... in anycase it might be a weird read and write permission else just use the vanilla launcher mine works with no much problems I have a feeling the FTB launcher may not have been designed to work on mavericks just as MultiMC is having problems

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
so just make a new MC profile call it FTB or what not then make a folder for your FTB unleashed modpack and then have the profile from the vanilla MC launcher link there ideally this should work

BigFriendlyJakey

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure I understand the process, nor how it will help. Can you explain it further?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigFriendlyJakey

Jul 29, 2019
okeay, so in the closing game sequence I just had, it was all fine, but in the console it said "Failed to delete mod backup Data!" or something like that. the same for hats. should I disable those?

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
okeay, so in the closing game sequence I just had, it was all fine, but in the console it said "Failed to delete mod backup Data!" or something like that. the same for hats. should I disable those?
hmmm this is going to be a tricky fix so I assume yyour already using the vanilla client right?
try to start in standard MC alone and start adding the mods from there

BigFriendlyJakey

Jul 29, 2019
In normal mc, its all g, no problems. Havent tried em all, but its the thought that counts

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest add the techmods and magic mods first more or less they won't have any problems unless GT is installed

BigFriendlyJakey

Jul 29, 2019
Just before i do that, there is one other thing, dont know if it will matter or not. So when i play ftb, therr is alwaya a recurring message that occurs every half a second or so, which makes it hard to read normal code. It says something about the mass fabricator needing 512 eu, but its only being pumped 512 eu. Makes zero sense why its even there cause i have two ultimate hybrids, a couple of normal hybrids, and a fair few advanced. Could be causing some lag, not sure. Anyways, will try playing with the magic mods and see how it goes

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
its IC2-exp API being derpy... i thought they already fixed that because that problem was still during 1.5.x IC2-main hence I stopped using IC2 on 1.6.x and went with mekanism which is more or less the same but more sillier OP and server friendly somewhat

BigFriendlyJakey

Jul 29, 2019
Okeay, so i havent found a solution, and i may try the other magic mods on normal minecraft in the future, but for now im just going to download my own mods that i want onto vanilla and play that. Might try out pixelmon, sounds pretty koolio. Thanks for your help guys, really appreciate it