Windows .exe FTB Unleashed - Horrible lag out of nowhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NdMSnIpEz

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday, I was happily clicking away on my only world with a perfect (to me) 23fps~. Recently, I noticed this message appearing in my log on startup:
Code:
[WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
I was suspicious to as if it was my new AE network, but upon backuping the world, removing my AE system and reloading the game, I got the same message, no increase in fps. I was down to 15fps~.
Today, I loaded up my game, and it got worse. 1 fps~!
I don't have a clue where this has come from, nothing suspicious in my log. All I see in my
log is ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Saving chunks for level 'FTB Unleashed'/Overworld
[INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Saving chunks for level 'FTB Unleashed'/Overworld

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I have optifine installed, with minimal settings everywhere. Tiny render distance, 0% smooth lighting, all of the such.
I did a bit of searching. Apparently, my graphics card drivers are missing. I have an ATI Mobility radeon HD 5650, and it just shows up as a Standard VGA Adapter. The problem is, I've ran the ATI Catalyst installer and apparently, my graphics driver is not installed (Which I know), but I need the ati catalyst for the driver! *derp*
So, I go to my computer's manufacturer, acer, and try to find drivers. All I see for my model is MADISON and BROADWAY Drivers. Both require the ati catalyst to be installed.
So, what am I meant to do? :( Heres the world, if you need it: http://www.mediafire.com/?886ar2m03gte1nz

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Is it a laptop you are playing on? What is the model of acer system you have? The drivers from the Acer website should include all you need to install it.

Please post the full log to pastebin and link it here.

NdMSnIpEz

Jul 29, 2019
Im using the acer Aspire 5943g. As I've said, the setup.exe in the acer deivers just try to install around catalyst. Would it be a good idea to manually install them and create a system restore point invade things go wrong? And if so, how would I manually install them?
Im an expert at reading logs. No suspicious signs apart from 'Cant keep up!'.
EDIT: yes, I'm on a laptop.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Im using the acer Aspire 5943g. As I've said, the setup.exe in the acer deivers just try to install around catalyst. Would it be a good idea to manually install them and create a system restore point invade things go wrong? And if so, how would I manually install them?
Im an expert at reading logs. No suspicious signs apart from 'Cant keep up!'.
EDIT: yes, I'm on a laptop.

Where did you get the drivers you tried to install?

There is a lnk just below on the Acer website driver page that starts "Need to know the hardware....". I would try and use that to determine the correct driver.

It would be worth checking your C drive for a folder which will probably be called drivers as I remember the Acer used to put the drivers there.

SuPerTeD

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a quarry with water in it. This can slow everything down until you get ride of the water.

NdMSnIpEz

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a quarry with water in it. This can slow everything down until you get ride of the water.

No, I don't have any quarries yet. I do have a pump in the nether, but I appropriately used the Ender-Thermic pump which replaces the source blocks it pumps up with smooth stone, so there aren't any flowing blocks.
Where did you get the drivers you tried to install?

There is a lnk just below on the Acer website driver page that starts "Need to know the hardware....". I would try and use that to determine the correct driver.

It would be worth checking your C drive for a folder which will probably be called drivers as I remember the Acer used to put the drivers there.
I have looked on the driver page and I don't seem to see anything like the such. I have also checked my C:\ Drive and the only folder that starts with "D" is data.
EDIT: I have tried loading a new world, Same fps problems.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
No, I don't have any quarries yet. I do have a pump in the nether, but I appropriately used the Ender-Thermic pump which replaces the source blocks it pumps up with smooth stone, so there aren't any flowing blocks.

I have looked on the driver page and I don't seem to see anything like the such. I have also checked my C:\ Drive and the only folder that starts with "D" is data.
EDIT: I have tried loading a new world, Same fps problems.

Click here.

That link is where I was looking at the drivers. The thing to click on is right below the operating system information. It reads "Need to know the hardware on your system choose the right drivers". If you click on the text a download popup appears. Try that to get the correct drivers.

Edit: The link does not take you to the exact page with the drivers just choose your model and the link will be there.

NdMSnIpEz

Jul 29, 2019
This is all I see-
2rXxSTO.png

I have 2 VGA's, an AMD and an Intel. Another screen shot - this time the device manager -
vAI7vGt.png

As you can see, window's says that my ATI Mobility radeon HD 5650 is just a standard VGA. It also says its up to date...

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
The standard vga adapter is the just the default driver that is loaded if there is no software available. One of those drivers from the acer website should work.

Try here for a compatible driver if none of the ones from the acer site work.

Try out the verification tool first.

NdMSnIpEz

Jul 29, 2019
The verification tool says this -
pEVpS7g.png

So, I'm stuck in a loop. I try the verification tool to install drivers, but it says go to acer. But when I go to acer they give me drivers which try to install the ati catalyst first:
kgl6OK8.png

I'm reinstalling FTB to see if that helps. (If it does, then derp)
EDIT: Even upon reloading FTB and Creating a new world, FTB Can't keep up. :( Maybe it's just my laptop isn't good enough? I've had this graphics problem for a while (since i formatted my laptop) but ftb could run fine. Strange!

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I assume when you formatted your laptop that you did not use the built in factory restore option and loaded windows yourself. If that is the case then that is why that video card is not loaded.

If you did not create your recovery media, if that option was available which is normally one of the first messages that would have appeared when you first switched on your laptop, then you may have trouble installing the video card.

Also a laptop is not the best option for gaming.

NdMSnIpEz

Jul 29, 2019
Yea. Nice try on getting me to buy a computer which will do the exact same. Listen, I'm not wasting any money to buy another bag of s**t which will break too. When I formatted my laptop, I installed EVERY driver, including the video card driver, but since then, its vanished and i can't get it back.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Yea. Nice try on getting me to buy a computer which will do the exact same. Listen, I'm not wasting any money to buy another bag of s**t which will break too. When I formatted my laptop, I installed EVERY driver, including the video card driver, but since then, its vanished and i can't get it back.

I am stating a fact that laptop's are not great for gaming. I never said it to get you buy a new computer.

If you want to get your system back to the way it was I would suggest contacting acer and try to get a set of recovery media for your laptop. This will enable you to have the system the same as it was when you bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.