FTB unleashed extreme FPS issues

thezurxhd

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I had been playing ftb unleashed on a home laptop(HP Pavilion). I recently purchased an alienware 17 base model and have been getting extreme FPS drops with Ftb unleashed. This exact problem also happens with the AT launcher while trying to play UHS2. I start out with 70 FPS then drop down to about 15-20(unplayable). Im almost positive it is an issue with java but I have done the JVM arguments and nothing has changed. I have allowed the world to fully load and it does not help.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
What version of java are you using? If you have a 64bit os then make sure to use 64bit java.

Also make sure your drivers are updated. Did you buy the laptop for portability or lack of space?

thezurxhd

Jul 29, 2019
I am using java update 40 64-bit,all of my drivers are up to date. I bought the laptop for kind of both of those reasons.

thezurxhd

Jul 29, 2019
I did that and It didn't help, it recognized my account though after I deleted it, did I not delete everything fully?

thezurxhd

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to the forums and I'm not sure what pastebin is but here's the minecraft log if that helps.

Attachments

• MinecraftLog.txt
    134.8 KB · Views: 39

thezurxhd

Jul 29, 2019
GPU: GeForce GTX 765M
CPU: Intel Core 17-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40 GHz
Memory: 8.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 home premium[DOUBLEPOST=1386115403][/DOUBLEPOST]Anything else you need?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Those specs aren't great but you should be getting at least 60 FPS unless your base is/is near a complex factory.

The obvious problems have been asked so I will basically walk you through debugging.

1. What launchers have you tried and what JVM arguments have you used in each launcher?

2. Does this problem occur in vanilla or smaller mod packs like Unhinged?

3. If you understand what I am talking about, can you post your power profiles? If you don't, I can explain.

thezurxhd

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried AT launcher with no jvm arguments with the same 15 fps, i used the jvm arguments that are popular on this forum(cant find link) on the ftb launcher and the same effect happened on ftb unleashed, unhinged, and some other smaller packs, this problem does not happen in vanilla(solid 60fps 24/7). I am not sure what power profiles are so can you explain please.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Windows has what are called power profiles. Basically it manages the processor, video card, screen brightness, hard drive sleeping, USB ports, anything that can consume power. On desktops I disable it because I don't have to worry about battery life. On laptops, it typically has 3 defaults.

These 3 defaults are Power Saving, Balanced, High Performance. Make sure your using High Performance when playing games. Another possible issue is the fact that your laptop has 2 video cards. The Intel one integrated into the processor and the Nvidia discrete card.

First, make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers for your card. Second, launch the game on the modpack you want to use. Once it reachs the main menu you can close it. Third, open the Nvidia Control Panel and go to Manage 3D settings and then program settings. Last, click add and it will bring up a list of recently used programs. Select Java and add it. Change the settings for Java to this:

Vertical Sync = Use the 3D application setting

Threaded Optimization = On or Global Setting

Power Management mode = Prefer maximum performance

Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration = Single display performance mode

For any other settings, just use the global setting.

thezurxhd

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions i will try that when i get some time, probably on friday, a little busy until then.

thezurxhd

Jul 29, 2019
IT WORKED, thank you so much dude, it was defaulting to my integrated graphics card and not my NVidia card, now I get like 70+ fps in ftb, much thanks

Reactions: DZCreeper