FTB Unleashed Energy Storage - NO AESU

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

VozValden

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I am to the point where I need to store a tad bit extra power, but there is no aesu in unleashed apparently... was it replaced by something else? Or do I have to make a bunch of MFSU's?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
think its a bunch of MFSUs if your using unmodified Unleashed.

KowKrisis

Jul 29, 2019
AESU is from the industrial craft addon Gregtech. FTB unleashed does not include Gregtech by default. So you either have to use the MFSUs or add Gregtech into the pack yourself.

VozValden

Jul 29, 2019
Ok well I guess its time to get crafting, I really don't want to install any extra mods so looks like im stuck with mfsu's.

Actually I am going to set up a MFSU crafting setup with AE.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Ok well I guess its time to get crafting, I really don't want to install any extra mods so looks like im stuck with mfsu's.

Actually I am going to set up a MFSU crafting setup with AE.
GT is fairly easy to add in. just make sure you retro-gen the ores or you gotta get new chunks to get them. if you have BoP you probably need to tweak IDs, and the recipie settings are configurable if you don't like em.

but yea. w/o GT you either go with banks of MFSUs

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
GT is fairly easy to add in. just make sure you retro-gen the ores or you gotta get new chunks to get them. if you have BoP you probably need to tweak IDs, and the recipie settings are configurable if you don't like em.

but yea. w/o GT you either go with banks of MFSUs
How do I do this retro gen thing

bary3000

Jul 29, 2019
AESUs come from GregTech. Unleashed does not have Gregtech because Gregtech and Tinkers' Consruct can't work together. Unhigned modpack has GregTech.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
AESUs come from GregTech. Unleashed does not have Gregtech because Gregtech and Tinkers' Consruct can't work together. Unhigned modpack has GregTech.

It's not that they can't, it's just that they didn't put them together because both mod authors requested that they be separated.

Gregtech runs fine in Unleashed, since the config for it is already there.

Reactions: PierceSG

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
The best way, unless your main storage is really limited, is to convert that EU into lava/fuel using MFR or to dump it into your mass fab (no GT, I'm assuming). If you are producing excess energy continuously, it'll only keep building up and you'll have to keep expanding your energy storage. At some point it'll become impractical. Having an energy dump or having a way to store it in large volumes, efficiently and cheaply (MFSUs are expensive, iron tanks for fuel/lava are not), would be the best solution.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Didn't think about it, but yeah, I think storing the energy in a potential state of lava is probably best.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I had forgotten about the MFR mining laser. That is probably your best bet at an energy sink. Unless you need the UU-matter for something specific, I would go for the mining laser. Unfortunately, in my version of FTB there are no mining lasers, else I would've opted for that instead of expanding my lava-EU system.