FTB Unleashed Bee Mass Produce/alvearys/radioactive bees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Relaxel

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
So my ultimate goal for breeding bees right now would be to get radioactive bees and mass produce uranium for more ultimate hybrids. Otherwise I have basically everything in the game except for forestry of course.
Basically, I´m trying to breed one bee species to mass produce after the other to get the radioactive Princess and drone pure bred. The problem is that getting pure bred cultivated princesses(or other further non hivebee princesses for example sinister) seems either impossible or really rare. I´ve gotten pure bred noble drones to mass produce and have about a thousand right now. Then obviously I have thousands of pure forest, meadows, common, modest etc. Hive drones. I have 1 majestic drone at the moment and my closest goal ist to get the imperial and industrious bees for alvearys, since they produce royal jelly and pollen. I know that the bee machines exist, have set them up, made a low quality common template and have produced bee DNA with forest dromes. I am also using soul frames to increase the chance of mutation with most apiarys. So what are your opinions, examples, strategies or preferences you could give me?

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Stop using that awful font. It is really annoying.

What exactly is your problem? Ofc it is possible to breed pure breed princesses and drones the oldschool way. This is the Forestry way of doing it without the addons. You just have to keep at it. But often you don't want to wait for a purebreed princess and drone. If you get a purebreed of either you can match it up with a hybrid(select it wisely, get one with good traits) of the other and breed out the stuff you dont want. This is usually a preferred way as you can introduce new traits to the new species as well this way through selective breeding.

Once you got it to have the same species on both sides you just keep breeding it until it also have the same trait(the ones you want) on both sides. Now you have a bee that is ready for automated apiaries/alvearies (or producing lots of drones to use in making copies of it).

Relaxel

Jul 29, 2019
So you mean I can breed a hybrid with a pure bred somehow and get a pure princess? If yes, how?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So you mean I can breed a hybrid with a pure bred somehow and get a pure princess? If yes, how?
Like I just explained. Selective breeding. It wont be a bee with the default species traits most likely. But you can very easily get a bee with say Cultivated/Cultivated just by selective breeding. You can even pair up two Cultivated hybrids and get lucky(the higher the fertility the better the chances) and end up with a Cultivated/Cultivated. Just be smart about which offspring you pair up.

Both the princess and the drones species(both sides) are randomly chosen from the parent bees. One side of the parent princess and one side from the parent drone.

Traits follow the species chosen above but will "mutate" a bit however and some traits cross sides. This happens in RL genetics too.

So even if you have a "Cultivared/something" Princess and a "Cultivated/something" drone there is a chance that the offspring will become Cultivated/Cultivated. It is not great, but it does happen.

Best chance is to try and cross breed to get the species and then set aside the hybrids. Then in another apiary you can try and mix the hybrids to see if you get lucky. If they revert back you can throw the drones away and use the princesses to cross breed on again.

Last edited:

Relaxel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I actually just got a pure bred cultivated princess from breeding a rocky princess and common together by luck, so now I´m mass producing cultivated pure drones. Anyway, I guess it´ll take a long while to get the radioactive bees then, even if I do what you said. ;) Bees is a real pain in the ass, but also really resourceful and fun somehow. XD

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks. I actually just got a pure bred cultivated princess from breeding a rocky princess and common together by luck, so now I´m mass producing cultivated pure drones. Anyway, I guess it´ll take a long while to get the radioactive bees then, even if I do what you said. ;) Bees is a real pain in the ass, but also really resourceful and fun somehow. XD
You are still early in. You will eventually get the trick to it and think it is simple :)
And you will also get tools to help out.(Extra Bees top tier machines is what you want to go for IMO, skip the lower tiers). But the knowledge to cross breed and do selective breeding is still invaluable IMO.