FTB Unleashed 1.1.4 - Iron Tank Vidual bug

iwishiknew

Jul 29, 2019
I want to verify that this is just more than me and those on the server I play on that has this issue.

The server I am on is using FTB Unleashed 1.1.4 with all mods enabled. I am currently setting up a series of 9x9x8 Iron Tanks to hold numerous liquids, however there is a bug. I have tried putting in Lava, Water, biomass and fuel inside an Iron Tank and each and every time the tank fills with what appears to be steam. I have verified with other people and on their tanks that the issue is the same. This has been an issue since at least 1.1.3.

Is this a known bug, or are we doing something wrong?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I've shuffled this over to Mod Discussion because it's not really enough information to try and compose a report from (also, reports go in the specific reporting thread and follow a template).

If a repeatable bug comes of the discussion, I can create an item on the bug list for it. I myself have not had this problem in 1.1.4 in SMP.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
It's times like this I wish Xycraft would get their tushies into gear and update to 1.5

It's not about "getting it together" in this case. It's a matter of the mod authors deciding to leapfrog 1.5.x and go straight to 1.6.x for their actual development work.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
It's not about "getting it together" in this case. It's a matter of the mod authors deciding to leapfrog 1.5.x and go straight to 1.6.x for their actual development work.

Oh. In that case, it's times like this I wish FTB would get their tushies into gear and update to 1.6.

I'm kidding :'D Please don't hurt me.

Reactions: draeath

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Multitanks.
http://ftbwiki.org/Multi_Tank

You construct the tank similarly to an iron tank. It can be made in any cuboid shape you desire and with any blocks you desire, so long as the frame of the tank uses the same block type. Glass viewers are popular for the walls to see the liquid inside, though again you can use any blocks you desire, even multiple kinds of blocks on the same wall, all that matters is you have a a frame which consists of the same block. Works with all/most liquids in the modpack and uses Valve blocks to both activate the tank and to input/output liquid.

I believe the max size you can have is 12x12x12

iwishiknew

Jul 29, 2019
I remember those now. The internal storage isn't as high as I would prefer and the fact you could allmost literally build them into the side of a cave, while slightly more realistic, does bother me. I'd hope both of them start working soon.

Jacobness

Jul 29, 2019
I want to verify that this is just more than me and those on the server I play on that has this issue.

The server I am on is using FTB Unleashed 1.1.4 with all mods enabled. I am currently setting up a series of 9x9x8 Iron Tanks to hold numerous liquids, however there is a bug. I have tried putting in Lava, Water, biomass and fuel inside an Iron Tank and each and every time the tank fills with what appears to be steam. I have verified with other people and on their tanks that the issue is the same. This has been an issue since at least 1.1.3.

Is this a known bug, or are we doing something wrong?
I can't seem to replicate this on 1.1.4, although the tank I was using was only 3x3x5.

iwishiknew

Jul 29, 2019
I only use 9X9X8, so I would have to try a 3x3x5 to see if that was an issue. It also did show water in the first tank I had for a few moments before switching to the steam look.

Jacobness

Jul 29, 2019
I only use 9X9X8, so I would have to try a 3x3x5 to see if that was an issue. It also did show water in the first tank I had for a few moments before switching to the steam look.
I tested lava in a 9x9x8 but it all looked normal to me.

Jacobness

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing SSP, which may be the problem; There was around 100 buckets of lava in the tank; I have enabled BoP, PowerCoverters, and NetherOres.

iwishiknew

Jul 29, 2019
I will have to try a SSP map then when I get home. I also think I had more water in the system then 100 buckets when it bugged out, but I don't know for sure.

iwishiknew

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, just tried it on an SSP map with all mods enabled. A 5x5x4 tank with 1 side glass and 1 valve glitched out at or below 27 bucks.

cloudbyday90

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I like OpenBlocks version of a tank MUCH MUCH better. The fact that you can destroy a block without losing the liquid value is a winner in my books!

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Meanwhile just use an item frame and a "block" of the actual liquid to label a tank. (or use a bucket, cell whatever instead) or just label with a sign.

cloudbyday90, the Xycraft tanks worked that way too. You could "pop" the tank and replace blocks etc, and when it was complete again and you activated one of the valves, the original fluid level would be restored. No idea what would happen if you changed the frame size though.