Problem FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 steady TPS Decline

Spork

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, i am hoping someone can help. I will give you some information, hopefully it may help trouble shoot the issue.

Our problems started about two weeks ago out of the blue the server went to do an automatic restart as it has done numerous times before and started back up, a member of the server tried to connect but then it gave the end of stream message and the server was unavailable to all via the game client. Upon looking at the console it was online and responding to commands but could not be reached via the game client, Simply restarting the server manually seemed to fix this issue and i assumed this was the common 1.5 end of stream bug playing up. This went on for a few days so i decided to switch the automatic restarts off, as we had never had an issue with the TPS, i simply had the server restart to ensure stability.

Myself and the players started to notice slowly but surely the TPS would steadily decline and rapidly, whereas before after 12 hours playing the tps would stil be 18+ it was now reaching 4 tps in the overworld within 3 - 4hours.

I assumed it was something with bukkit so removed that and still it is happening. My next port of call is to remove all chunkloaders and see if it is something at someones base causing the issue but i am pretty much out of ideas.

Any help would be great with this.

Cozza

Jul 29, 2019

Spork

Jul 29, 2019
I did run MCPC+ but removed it to see if it was that causing the issue, but the issue persisted. I can reload MCPC+ and run tickprofiler tommorow and see how that goes.

I am currently running the server without MCPC and without chunkloaders enabled, to hopefully determine if it is a machine issue or a software one.

Cozza

Jul 29, 2019
Because you mentioned its a slow decline. It sounds like a badly setup mob spawner or farm (auto feeder?)

The mcpc issues a linked all show problems directly after server boot.

You can also take a look at aPerf or even just essentials to get an entity count in the world.

You can also run /chunkloaders. Your members may be using railcraft anchors

pherce

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget "Chunk Loader fixes -- recommend setting load-chunk-on-request to false. "

Blucid

Mar 27, 2013
www.teamgf.org
I have run into a problem on my server, where the spawners (mob spawners) that people create with soul shards were causing problems, HUGE lag spikes on my server. Try to kill all the monsters on the server and see if that helps. Helped out our server for sure.

Spork

Jul 29, 2019
After trying numerous different things in an attempt to solve this problem i have finally resorted to running a vanilla server without MCPC+. It seems to be causing to many issues for us.