FTB Ultimate update

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Rieu

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know when/if the Ultimate mod pack will receive an update? I only ask as I would really like one as mobs refuse to spawn on my server in the 1.4.7 minecraft version which ultimate currently uses. :(

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Don´t take this as true, but I highly dubt that 1.4.7 Ultimate will ever get a update.
Is a years old pack and infinity atm is acctualy made to get as near to the old Ultimate as it can.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know when/if the Ultimate mod pack will receive an update? I only ask as I would really like one as mobs refuse to spawn on my server in the 1.4.7 minecraft version which ultimate currently uses. :(
as stated Ultimate is a 1.4.7 pack, FTB is on 1.7.10 packs. If you want something close either Infinity or Direwolf 20 packs will be the closest

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you want something close either Infinity or Direwolf 20 packs will be the closest
Or Resurrection that was built as a "resurrection" of Ultimate with mods as close to the old pack as possible.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Or Resurrection that was built as a "resurrection" of Ultimate with mods as close to the old pack as possible.
Ah forgot that pack, dont think about it because i wont play it because of a certain mod going off the deep end :)

MrCowle

Jul 29, 2019
Ah forgot that pack, dont think about it because i wont play it because of a certain mod going off the deep end :)
You do know you can remove mods you don't want to play with, right? If you don't like a mod you can remove it from the pack using the launcher.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You do know you can remove mods you don't want to play with, right? If you don't like a mod you can remove it from the pack using the launcher.
He is speaking about GT which the ENTIRE pack is balanced around. Removing it would make the whole pack make no sense and you might as well use Infinity or any other all-round pack.

And I have not tried Resurrection, but would suspect(hope) that it have GT configured to the least interference as possible to mirror the old 1.4.7 GT experience. There are many ways to play GT. It doesn't have to be "super hardmode high interference". It all depends on the skills of the modpack maker in his use of the enormous amounts of configs.

Reactions: Dkittrell