[FTB Ultimate / SSP] Electric Wrench won't switch modes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot get my Electric Wrench to switch modes in FTB Ultimate single player. I've checked keybindings and I do have M set as "Mode Switch". Holding down M and right clicking does nothing, and the Electric Wrench will still cause loss of items. Just pressing M by itself does nothing either.

HELP!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I've checked keybindings and I do have M set as "Mode Switch".

Switch the mode key to another free key to verify that it works. Rei's MiniMap used to eat up the "m" keybind, but that shouldn't be the issue in this pack. Still, worth a test.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Just for the sake of testing I have already swapped "Mode Switch" to Grave (Tilde `) and H. Same problem both places.

ADDED: I would like to note.. I have not run across any other issues regarding keybindings. Everything seems to work just fine. That being said.. I have not tried the Mining Laser as of yet. Let me go make one and see what happens.

Zudguard

Jul 29, 2019
... weird I have also been having this problem with the same mod pack. just been trying different keys. R didn't work, but Y seems to function well.

Someguy

Jul 29, 2019
I had this problem right after I crafted the electric wrench as well. It just wasn't showing the "switching to lossless mode" message or anything.
I'm not sure how I fixed it exactly... I think I also ended up switching the mode key, and then I just went and used the wrench... I think. Don't go doing it on something you can't bear to lose though...

Maybe try logging out and back in?

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
So I can't get this to work on the M, `, or Z key... as well as several others. Works just fine on the H key however. (shrug)

Spazoid

Jul 29, 2019
When you change a key in the keybindings menu, you have to use one that is not already being used. If the letter is red, it is already being used. Change it until it is a white letter. Otherwise it won't do anything

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
When you change a key in the keybindings menu, you have to use one that is not already being used. If the letter is red, it is already being used. Change it until it is a white letter. Otherwise it won't do anything

another good suggestion is to just put all the hotkeys you don't use on a keybinding you'll never use. I've thrown all the useless hotkeys on F12

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm, I remember having this problem as well. I may be totally off, but try holding down that key and right-clicking.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Some bindings are more friendly than others. Obviously the ones that open GUIs tend to block things (though not always), but a lot of other ones will simply not notice if it's not relevant (i.e. having the TC4 focus key and the Gravisuite flight key will work happily activating one or both of them as the situation allows). Some however (looking at you, railcraft) will simply block commands on that key. The locomotive ones are particularly bad for this, blocking the key, even if you're not in, near, or ever crafted a locomotive.