FTB Ultimate Server No-nos

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shmaxwell

Jul 29, 2019
You guys forgot one major point, chat/talk in open chat with your player base let them know your around to help sort out any issues that could crop up & be ready to mediate in any minor squabbles, & if you can play along your self with out any creative items your players will respect that more, try to get some community things going, ie like "lets build a spawn town any ideas guys" things to make your players feel more like a community, but most of all have fun mate.

Couldnt agree more with you, the goal is definitely going to be a server that focuses on community and helping eachother out.

Also once again I cant say it enough Thank you for everyone replying you are helping me out a bunch <3

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I would disable Redpower completely, but that's a little extreme.
80 percent of the cases of terrible lag I've ever seen have been caused by it, whether it be microblocks or relays or anything like that.
Plus, there are quite a few exploits, such as an item-dupe bug with canvas bags.

Also, you might want to consider changing MPS recipes from vanilla to IC2 (but not gregtech).
The reasoning is: Vanilla is way too cheap, it's ridiculous.
Gregtech is soooo expensive, nobody will ever make it over something else.

The problem is that MPS dominates the entire armour system of the modpack soooo much that it's only competitor is the (comparatively boring) Gravisuite. The other recipes are UE (won't work too well in Ultimate :p ), TE and IC2, either of which are good choices, but I personally prefer the IC2 recipes.