FTB Ultimate Reloaded review

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
J

Jogge84

Been playing a bunch of different packs lately and thought id just pop some feedback here ^^

So this is a lightweight pack, which obviously has both good and bad sides, it could last you a long time unless you get bored, but it feels a bit linear without alof of options for tools n stuff..

I would say that is has an oldschool feeling with ic2 and buildcraft in the pack, but you can also just skip these mods unless you rly want to gimp yourself :p

Storage was the biggest issue for me in this pack, it has iron chests and yabba, but limited sorting options.. A strange version of ae2 is also in the pack, but it requires quite alot of emeralds to get a real storage going, which was the final drop for me :D

So it´s kind of balanced in the fact that you dont reach endgame in a couple of hours, but the mechanics stopping you feels abit too grindy and onesided for my taste..

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Biggest problem is that many mods, including Thaumcraft and Immersive are unfinished. And Thaumcraft in particular was abandoned by the author, so it's not clear when, if ever, missing parts such as Harness and Eldritch stuff will be restored.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Thaumcraft wasn't abandoned, he just planned to stop dev on it because of real life. But KingLemming is putting together a team to maintain it with Azanor as 'creative director' so he doesn't have to do all the coding work himself.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Is Immersive Engineering intentionlally nerfed in the pack? There is not even the book present. Revelation has the same version of IE, but has way longer list of stuff in NEI.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
What is "hiding mode"? If you mean JEI "Hide ingredient Mode", then it's disabled And I can't even craft a lever with a book to get the IE manual.

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
And I can't even craft a lever with a book to get the IE manual

Just guessing but maybe because it's been known to cause crashes in certain packs. Regards nerfs, if you have access, try looking at any files that tweak recipes, possibly contained in a /scripts/ folder.

Reactions: Tylor

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah... that crash? Twitch's fault. Because it's default launcher insists on using a version of Java that causes the manual to crash.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Just guessing but maybe because it's been known to cause crashes in certain packs. Regards nerfs, if you have access, try looking at any files that tweak recipes, possibly contained in a /scripts/ folder.
Yeah, that was the case. immersive_engineering.zs is the biggest file in the folder and consist mostly of recipes.remove :(