FTB Ultimate Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ColeMurphy22

Jul 29, 2019
I own a FTB Mindcrack server, and I was wondering...Do you guys think I should generate a new map and start over? Or continue the other map?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
MindCrack should be fine as far as worldgen goes. How far are you into your world? If you are pretty deep, enough to be more or less GregTech godmode, it may be time for a world reload to try starting new.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
continue, unless it gets screwed (or is) in any kind of way.

EDIT: the deeper in your world, the worse the restart will be. Wasted time (well, with greg and his "tehc" is from default)

ColeMurphy22

Jul 29, 2019
What is Ultimate compared to other packs anyways? My members were trying to explain it to me but didnt work xD

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
What is Ultimate compared to other packs anyways? My members were trying to explain it to me but didnt work xD

Ultimate normally contains most of the mods, so you'll get GregTech, Modular Power Suits, MystCraft, etc.

You can add those yourself and play your own "ultimate" right now, if you'd like.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech will be disabled by default in the ultimate pack, for all the hate (with a reason) that it gets.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
The mod itself.

Since gregtech "easy mode" is just hard mode without changing other recipes, there is no difference whatsoever to the addon itself.