FTB Ultimate crashing after a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonfrend

Jul 29, 2019
Ive been having a problem where after playing for about 20 min i have some randam lag spikes(not that big of a deal) but as time progresses they get more and more serious eventualy crashing my world i have the latest java(7 update 17).
I have allocated 2gigs of ram to Minecraft and i have a total of 4 gigs.
Thanks for any help in advance!

Daxamar

Nov 21, 2012
I've had several friends who have had the same problem. They had the last Java update, but they also had several other Javas running. Delete all but the last updated.

Hope this helps.

RobbieNoordzy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having this problem after about 5 minutes. I'm running Direwolfs modpack.
I also have the latest Java running.
In the task manager I only seem to have 2 Java things running - one I'm guessing for the FTB console & the other for Minecraft which gradually increases in size until it gets to about 1.2GB & freezes.
On the console/options screen I only seem to be able to set a maximum ram of 1GB - my system has 16GB.
I'm not sure where to go to see if I'm running other Javas(?) - went to the uninstall programs area & there is only the 1 Java program.
Thanks guys.

dragonfrend

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so the current problems are theese:
1.Previously I had 32 and 64 bit java but like i described it crashes after 20min.
2.If I leave only 32 bit java it crashes after 20 secs of playing.
3.If I leave only 64 bit java it wont eaven run as in it asks me to select the default program to run it.
Any ideas?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Your Java isn't installed properly, apparently.

Uninstall all versions of Java then install the 64-bit Java fresh and see if that then works. Reinstall 32-bit Java the next time you need it (which might be never).

dragonfrend

Jul 29, 2019
Your Java isn't installed properly, apparently.

Uninstall all versions of Java then install the 64-bit Java fresh and see if that then works. Reinstall 32-bit Java the next time you need it (which might be never).
thats exactly what i did and like i said it didnt work

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
So, it's giving you the choose default program prompt. In that case, let's find it!

(If this doesn't work we'll have to try something more complicated. From the looks of it Java isn't installing properly which is causing your issue.)

When you get the prompt, it'll tell you you can either search through a list of programs on your end or check the Internet. Search through the list. Java might be on there if you're lucky, but probably not. If it's not, click the Browse button, and find "java.exe" on your computer.

If you installed it to the default location it'll be at "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"

Try that and see if everything works properly again. If it doesn't, we'll have to try something else.

dragonfrend

Jul 29, 2019
So, it's giving you the choose default program prompt. In that case, let's find it!

(If this doesn't work we'll have to try something more complicated. From the looks of it Java isn't installing properly which is causing your issue.)

When you get the prompt, it'll tell you you can either search through a list of programs on your end or check the Internet. Search through the list. Java might be on there if you're lucky, but probably not. If it's not, click the Browse button, and find "java.exe" on your computer.

If you installed it to the default location it'll be at "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"

Try that and see if everything works properly again. If it doesn't, we'll have to try something else.
I tryed that if i try to open it with java.exe it just opens a blank CMD nothing else

dragonfrend

Jul 29, 2019
ok I got the thing running seemed like winrar had higher priority over java since i had it set to open jar files i removed the tick and now its running properly :)

Reactions: Velotican
Status
Not open for further replies.