FTB Ultimate 1.4.7 [Gregtech] Magic Absorber

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen some talk about how this device will suck the vis out of the air and create a ton of flux. That's not useful, but the prospect of sucking enchantments from stuff, did sound useful to me.

In my test world I cheated in this device and 10 MFE to see how much EU I could get from a single pair of golden Protection III pants that dropped from a zombie.

It filled all ten MFE's.
I then made 10 MSFU (10 million eu's). It's filled 6 so far and it's still going.

Umm...

Anyone else wondering how much EU a pair of dropped pants from a zombie should produce? I also would like to confirm, it's not in vis suck mode - the vis is still at full and the flux = none.

Anyone know if this item is bugged?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
There's just that much vis in the local area. Also remember it's a resource that regenerates naturally as well.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I let it run all night in the mode that doesn't draw vis from the environment. Using my goggles of revealing, the Aura is at 469/469 and Flux: None. So, unless it's drawing vis without permission AND drawing it from farthest reaches first before drawing it in the chunk it's in, I believe it's drawing it from the pants. Or at least I hope when I get home tonight I don't find my world in eternal storm with wisps every where. :)

No, I'm confident it's coming from the enchanted pants and not the local vis. But, I've been confident before and it's 2013 now and the end of the world didn't happen. So I could be wrong. :)

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
If there's anything I know about Gregtech, it's that nothing is easy.

So, yeah. I doubt one pair of enchanted pants gave enough vis to fill up 60 million EU worth of MFSUs.

mrkite

Jul 29, 2019
There's just that much vis in the local area. Also remember it's a resource that regenerates naturally as well.

Not really. Vis is a finite resource, except for crystal clusters which generate very small amounts (1 vis every 5 minutes).

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
From my own tests it appears that Fuzzlewhumper is correct in that the absorber does not draw vis when it is not in the aura draining mode. Instead it strips the enchants off items with out destroying them and the stronger the enchant the more power it produces. It also appears that even with basic enchants you can get a considerable amount of energy out of it. However I did not test to see if it still explodes at the slightest appearance of a wisp near it so user beware

So in other words if you build a auto enchant system like what direwolf20 made in his SSP series you can get infinite power with a few of these. Also the magic converter which is part of it's recipe makes a handy way to get null shards for making vis capacitors along with a good bit of power.

Edit: Also in my tests a protection 3 pair of gold pants is equal to only 7,424 eu if you leave the aura drain mode off. Not sure what the other mode is below the aura draining one is ?

Edit 2: Looks like 1 vis shard is equal to 15,984 eu in a magic converter.

Edit 3: For fun I put every enchant in the game (including all of the ones that are impossible like power and silk touch) all at max level (lvl 10 or its max) on the gold pants and put it in the absorber. Just to get it running for awhile as I checked all my aura nodes and not a single one changed for aura/flux. For safety I even put a wisp spawner next to it and it did not care until I turned it on to aura mode.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Well ... Got home and all 10 MFSU's were at full as well as the 10 MFE's. No flux. Aura at full.

I think I must just have a glitchy pair of pants. Either that or I'm draining undead power from zombies. :)

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I think I must just have a glitchy pair of pants. Either that or I'm draining undead power from zombies. :)

When you get home, remember to cancel your order with Bloom & Doom. I don't think you'll have any need of their seeds anymore.