FTB Trials: Episode 1 Online Challenge Submissions

B

Big Bad

Though PAX Prime may be over, the event continues! FTB Trials: Episode 1 - The Sentencing [ONLINE CHALLENGE] begins now!

As part of our ongoing efforts to expand our event locations, Feed The Beast is opening up a global time-trial tournament for the FTB Trials map that debuted at PAX Prime 2015.

For those interested in competing, participation is simple: starting immediately, players can download an updated copy of Episode 1 from the FTB Launcher or Curse Voice. From there, speedrunners can record a video of their fastest times completing the challenges and submit it to this topic in the form of a YouTube video. At the end of the competition on October 1st at 11:59PM EST, the fastest verified, legitimate time will be awarded prizes provided by Curse! Easy!

Submission Form:

Additional Information:
  • You may make additional attempts and submissions at this challenge. If you do, please create a new post.
  • Submissions are due by October 1st at 11:59PM EST. Please submit your run to this topic before then. Late entries will be turned away.
  • This competition is open globally. However, please be aware that some locations may restrict prize availability.
Prizing:

Specifics will be confirmed at a later date.
Rules:
  • Please use full video for submissions. Pictures/slideshow submissions are not allowed.
  • Please do not edit or add elements to the video that may hinder the visibility of the game feed.
  • Please submit YouTube links only. If an attempt was made on a stream, please crop the run and mirror it onto a YouTube channel.
  • Please do not make any sort of modification or changes to the contents of the pack.
  • Please try to keep runs within the spirit of competition.
  • Please make sure that every attempt is made using the latest version of the map. In the event that the pack is updated, we will only be counting runs made on the newest version. Please keep updated and informed on any new releases of the map.
If you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to create a post in this topic and we will be happy to clarify.

Happy prison break, competitors!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chaka and Yusunoha

minly

Jul 29, 2019
is there foing to be a complete solution at the end of the competition ?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
The pax map was bugged, a time under 10 minutes wasn't possible. So it's not really comparable to runs here.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
The lights one? You're thinking too hard. It's actually really simple.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
The lights one? You're thinking too hard. It's actually really simple.
Yeah, just figured it out. I kept trying with one world, and started to think there were some lights that were off initial... All good now, gonna practice and start submitting some rounds :)

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Just to pre-empt questions, we aren't going to tell anyone what the current leading time is unless the submitter decides to reveal it themselves. Makes things a bit more exciting if people just try instead of thinking they'll never be able to beat the current time.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Love the idea of a challenge map, but spent 5 minutes on the "parkour" stuff and gave up. Guess I won't see the rest of whatever you guys did. Just not a fan of a "jumping puzzle" game I guess, was hoping for something a bit more minecraft-y.

Jake_Evans

Administrator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Oct 10, 2012
United Kingdom
jake-evans.net
Love the idea of a challenge map, but spent 5 minutes on the "parkour" stuff and gave up. Guess I won't see the rest of whatever you guys did. Just not a fan of a "jumping puzzle" game I guess, was hoping for something a bit more minecraft-y.
The parkour has a 5-10 minute timer (can't quite remember what it was!), so if don't complete it, a ladder spawns at the end of it so you can continue with the map.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
When we submit it says i will get a reply as quick as possible. Is that just a confirmation that it is a legit run?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
When we submit it says i will get a reply as quick as possible. Is that just a confirmation that it is a legit run?
That's just the default for the form. I've been watching the submissions and I'll let the submitter know if they did something that disqualifies them.

Well you can break the carpenters levers.
Ahha. The carpenters levers take on the attributes of the block they are set to, and ignore adventure mode. I'll blacklisted stone, which takes care of the levers on the gallows. Do you know of any others I missed?

And yes, you are not supposed to break any blocks.

griffyjack

Jul 29, 2019
Well I think that's it for the levers, however theres the advance drawbridge after the showers. (x:122 y:64 z:732) It's in the floor if you access it you can get a stone brick out of it which you can place.

Oh and by the way if you do update the map will any previous runs have to redone?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Ah, thanks.

Only if they exploited the things that were changed.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
The pack has been updated with some minor fixes for exploits. None of the submitted runs utilized the exploits, so if you have already submitted your run, you do not have to redo it.