FTB Town Hall - May 29th

B

Big Bad

Greetings, all!

Feed The Beast will be hosting a Town Hall-styled meeting this Friday, May 29th at 3PM EST (8PM BST, 12PM PDT). The meeting will be broadcasted over on our Official Twitch Page with additional locations pending. Our goal is to conduct these meetings regularly to both present news as well as provide a venue in which we can answer and address any questions or concerns the community may have.

While we've got a few announcements and tidbits of our own to share, we would like most of our docket decided by our userbase. Over the next few days we'll be gathering questions posted in this topic, submitted to the Feed The Beast subreddit, and from the #FTBTownHall hashtag on Twitter. We'll be doing our best to answer as many questions as possible.

For this Town Hall, the currently confirmed participants are:

- slowpoke101: FTB Founder
- captainnana: System Administrator
[ Twitter ]
- tfox83: Pack Development Lead
- Gideon Seymour: Modpack Developer
- BigBadChris: Marketing & Visual Development
[ Twitter | Website ]

The stream is expected to last roughly one to two hours. For those unable to attend, a recording of the stream will be uploaded to our YouTube shortly after.

Thank you, and we're looking forward to seeing you this Friday.

- The Feed The Beast Team

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I am not even sure what questions to ask anymore. It's been awhile since I've played anything but 3rd party packs. I haven't really seen kitchen sink packs that allow you to cut out the mods you didn't want and still have everything else work together. I guess one question I can think of is ftb planning on putting out any educational packs? A pack with the intent to teach mathematical and scientific concepts? While this isn't something I'd expect FTB to do, I think an official modpack that was designed with this intent in mind might have a niche.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I guess one question I can think of is ftb planning on putting out any educational packs? A pack with the intent to teach mathematical and scientific concepts? While this isn't something I'd expect FTB to do, I think an official modpack that was designed with this intent in mind might have a niche.
*grins innocently*

Last edited:

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Still in progress, but here's my quick and dirty notes on the Town Hall prior to Q&A, for those that can't watch the stream right now:

New Pack: "Mod of the Month" Pack Incoming:
  • Name not yet finalized.
  • Monthly rotation of a showcase mod.
JamPacked II Info:
  • Per Watchful (not present but left notes), 29 packs submitted so far (excluding incomplete/out of criteria packs).
  • 91 volunteer judges.
  • ~8.4 judges per pack (based on distribution stats).
  • June 7th (or some time thereafter), results will be announced.
Content Creator Program/Content Partners Initiative:
  • Anybody who makes content with mods/FTB (reddit, forum, imgur, youtube, streamers, et al.).
  • Multimedia, resources, unreleased pack info.
  • "Kickstart" on content creation (servers for people with chunky systems, etc).
  • Forum front-page showcase for projects.
  • (insert a gap here because I had to release dogs to go outside)
  • Emphasis on folks wanting to contribute/help others.
Curse Status:
  • Mac Development is Underway (early alpha voice plugin, no Minecraft portion yet), so a few months on Mac version.
  • Porting Linux from Mac *ought* to be relatively simple.
  • Thus if all goes accordingly, Linux can thus follow Mac shortly.
  • CurseVoice integration for iOS/Android in works (simultaneous rollout) for voice comms.
  • Next big CV update is geared towards power users/pack developers.
  • Current RAM cap at 6GB will be extended (for 512x resource pack users, other niche high-RAM needs).
  • Make sure to continue to submit reports/input.
Curse Stats:
  • 750,000 pack downloads to date.
  • 32.2 million mod downloads.
  • Of current Top 25 CurseForge earners, 10 are Minecraft now (they are competing with WoW mods with 8 year head start on this).
Additional Curse-related Note:
  • Cloud Saves are something that has been talked about, may possibly happen in future but is likely to be premium feature (this is speculation from slowpoke, not an official statement).
Web Site:
  • Upgrades are coming, more integration with Curse stuff (BigBadChris expresses the usual artist's dislike of prior works and needing to replace them here ;) ).
  • ftb.curseforge.com will gradually become new home for content.
FTB Launcher (only FTB) Stats:
  • (insert numbers blahblahblah here, I had number fatigue at this point).
  • Infinity is now #2 most popular FTB pack of all time.

Reactions: jikuja and Padfoote