FTB supports 1.4.7, but some coremods don't?

jarrett

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still learning the modding landscape, so please forgive this very basic question. I'm confused about the Minecraft versions supported by FTB and the individual mods. When I visit the websites of mods like IC2 and Redpower, I don't see support for 1.4.7. IC2, for example, appears to have a 1.4.6 open beta going on, and I haven't seen anything about 1.4.7. Redpower, similarly, seems to have a 1.4.6 prerelease posted, with no mention of 1.4.7.

So how does FTB support 1.4.7? Is the FTB team modding the mods, as it were, to add 1.4.7 support? Are the mod authors making 1.4.7-compatible releases available only to FTB? Or am I just looking in the wrong place for the mods' releases?

By the way, I'm aware of the concerns surrounding Redpower and its update schedule. But that issue can be put aside for the purposes of my question.

Thanks so much for your help. I hope to be able to repay the community with contributions as a developer.

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.7 had basically 1 fix which meant that most mods didn't even need to update, they work together. Also ic2 isnt in 1.4.6 open beta its actually in a 1.5.2 beta ;) So what im trying to say is if it says 1.4.6 it will more than likely work with 1.4.7

jarrett

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! So FTB is running 1.4.7 but using the 1.4.6 versions of IC2, Redpower, etc?