FTB Splitscreen (Pretty Easy)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Antwon

Jul 29, 2019
Ever want to play splitscreen with a buddy? Here's how using the joypad/splitscreen mod. The reason i'm posting this is because I know a lot of people would like to know this info and because i haven't seen anything helpful on how to use this with a modded version of Minecraft (of course besides the forge and joypad mods). So first off, you'll need a controller that works with your pc (I use ps3) and a mouse&keyboard. You'll need two Minecraft accounts, as far as I'm concerned this is a must, unless you try changing the laucher users config (not recommended, it doesn't work well). You'll need a launcher such as FTB, however in this case ATLauncher is the preferred launcher due to its "cloning" feature. There's not a lot of helpful info that comes with the joypad mod so i'll include a link with a helpful video, as well as my own info here.This mod is a jar mod so it can be installed through the regular process. As far as compatibility, I have yet to come across a mod that's incompatible with this one, even mods like smart moving and others that change the controls work well. I'm going to assume you already know how to configure your controllers to be used on your pc, if not, open another tab and hit google there's more than enough info out there. If using a ps3 controller i HIGHLY recommend using the SCP Driver program Scralet Crush Productions i think. Extremely simple and the only one that worked for me.
Step 1. Get the Joypad/splitscreen mod here: http://retro-hack.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-joypad-mod.html
Step 2. Use ATLauncher's cloning feature and clone your favorite modpack. If using FTB i get a modpack that I never use (must be the same mc version as the one i want to play) then i delete its mods, and config folders and replace them with the ones from the pack i want to play, creating two of the same instance, pretty much.
Step 3. Install the Joypad/Splitscreen mod to both instances in the mods folder.
Step 4.Launch one instance and wait for it to load up. Once it has go to Options then Controls. The layout should be different as i think the mod changes it. The controls menu has a ton of options to best suit the game to your comforts. At the top you should notice a Keyboard (off) button click the arrow besides it then switch it to (on) to enable your controller. If your controller doesn't pop up, or is incorrectly labeled and doesn't work try uninstalling its drivers with whatever program you used (SCP Driver.exe in my case) and reinstalling them again, then restarting the game. Works everytime for me.
Step 5. Start your world and hit Open to Lan. (Only Local Lan servers are supported).
Step 6. Launch the second instance, this time make sure you switch to the other account before laucnhing! Configure controls if needed then join game.

Here's the link to the most helpful piece of info on the mod i found:

I play splitscreen on a ridiculousy huge modpack heavily influenced by ftb departed and solitary craft, with alternate terrain gen, highlands, and bop. I also wanted a quest book so i cheated and got the hqm mod and stole the config file from the ultimate quest pack mod and most mods the book had quests for. I Now have 800+ quests :D If anyone would like to try this hybrid pack let me know.