Problem FTB Skyfactory 3 Server Problem

K

Kyrotix

So I change the eula to true before i run this and I still get this problem... I have ran this in the past but now it's not working at all I have the lastest Java Update and using the latest version of FTB SkyFactory .
Here's a screen shot: https://prnt.sc/ijqohx

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Java Update
What version?
(type "java -version" in cmd or powershell and press enter, without "")

Do you have antivirus software on that machine?

To what location are you trying to download?

Does it create any logs?

Check logs-folder, if there's a fml-server-latest.log - copy everything in that and share using paste.feed-the-beast.com and give the link here.

K

Kyrotix

What version?
(type "java -version" in cmd or powershell and press enter, without "")

Do you have antivirus software on that machine?

To what location are you trying to download?

Does it create any logs?

Check logs-folder, if there's a fml-server-latest.log - copy everything in that and share using paste.feed-the-beast.com and give the link here.

java version "1.8.0_161"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_161-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.161-b12, mixed mode)

Bitdefender Anti-Virus

To what location are you trying to download? ; don't understand this question but that's what happens when i run the serverstart.bat in the skyfactory 3 server files

Yes there is logs : http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/4fa8bdfa

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Great, thanks for the answers.

Java - looks good

Bitdefender - this might be part of your issue, some antivirus software blocks access to files/folders/java and you need to add java + the game folder to whitelist / exceptions list (different name for same function on different antivirus softwares).

Disable seldom works, so you need to do the whitelist / exception.

Then there is this as well:

This is the location:
C:\Users\Kyrotix\Desktop\Space+Astronomy+2+Server+Files+-+v1.4.4\Space Astronomy 2 Server Files - v1.4.4

Did you start the wrong pack, or did you copy over files from 1 server pack to another?

Could you try and put the server folder not in the c:\users-structure and shorten the folder names down a bit.

Try:
c:\games\SERVERFOLDER (where serverfolder = the name of the pack)

So to sum it up:
Check the antivirus settings

Change folder location

And if it still fails, please post new log.

K

Kyrotix

Great, thanks for the answers.

Java - looks good

Bitdefender - this might be part of your issue, some antivirus software blocks access to files/folders/java and you need to add java + the game folder to whitelist / exceptions list (different name for same function on different antivirus softwares).

Then there is this as well:

This is the location:
C:\Users\Kyrotix\Desktop\Space+Astronomy+2+Server+Files+-+v1.4.4\Space Astronomy 2 Server Files - v1.4.4

Did you start the wrong pack, or did you copy over files from 1 server pack to another?

Could you try and put the server folder not in the c:\users-structure and shorten the folder names down a bit.

Try:
c:\games\SERVERFOLDER (where serverfolder = the name of the pack)

So to sum it up:
Check the antivirus settings

Change folder location

And if it still fails, please post new log.
oops yeah i started the wrong pack and theres no logs for the ftb sky factory one it doesnt create any.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Try the folder change (stay out of c:\users....) + the antivirus settings.

K

Kyrotix

Try the folder change (stay out of c:\users....) + the antivirus settings.
I just disabled anti-virus it because I looked and my logs in my anti-virus and it didn't say it was blocking anything from minecraft but it still shows up as and yes i changed the directory
The system cannot find the file specified.
Make sure to read eula.txt before playing! Exiting.
Press any key to continue . . .

those are the only things that show up when running serverstart.bat

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden

Try the whitelist / exception - just to make sure - as disable often doesn't help.

That message can actually be thrown because the file is locked by the antivirus software - even if the file is present.