FTB Server error

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
N

Nathan Meendering

Title FTB Server error

Launcher Type Server

Modpack FTB Infinity

Modpack version 1.7.10

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/204ac9a9

Details of the issue My server wouldn't start so I took this server out, which is a backup from like 2 days ago, but I'm getting the exact same error as I am on my broken server. Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
You might want to give the server a bit more ram, perhaps 4gb

And please share the full log as well. /logs/fml-server-latest.log (use the same paste site as you used and give the link)

Jaari

Apr 30, 2015
Thanks for your suggestion, I didn't realize that my server had that small amount of RAM. That's silly! I upgraded to 4GB right away. Still didn't work, so here's the newest log.

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/a7b28249
Alright, this one is a bit funny, haven't seen it in a while.

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at codechicken.wirelessredstone.core.SaveManager.resetWorld(SaveManager.java:111) ~[SaveManager.class:?]
at codechicken.wirelessredstone.core.RedstoneEtherServer.init(RedstoneEtherServer.java:36) ~[RedstoneEtherServer.class:?]
at codechicken.wirelessredstone.core.RedstoneEther.loadServerWorld(RedstoneEther.java:112) ~[RedstoneEther.class:?]
at codechicken.wirelessredstone.core.WRCoreEventHandler.onChunkDataLoad(WRCoreEventHandler.java:34) ~[WRCoreEventHandler.class:?]

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at codechicken.core.CommonUtils.getSaveLocation(CommonUtils.java:20) ~[CommonUtils.class:?]
at codechicken.core.CommonUtils.getSaveLocation(CommonUtils.java:24) ~[CommonUtils.class:?]
at codechicken.wirelessredstone.core.SaveManager.resetWorld(SaveManager.java:91) ~[SaveManager.class:?]

I pulled this from your log. It comes down to WirelessRedstone bugging out. This usually happens if the server was not shut down the normal way, as in sudden power outage.
You'll have to look for a wirelessredstone folder in your server files, and remove it. That should fix your issue. Please note that any WirelessRedstone will no longer work after you do so,
but it is not like you have much of a choice here.

N

Nathan Meendering

Hey man thanks for your reply, I couldn't find a wirelessredstone folder, but I found the mod file and deleted it. I got the same error still. In the console though, I noticed that it keeps mentioning that applied energistics is the error or something, I'm at work right now and don't have it in front of me. I was having an issue with an iron turning blank that I put into my AE2 network, i couldn't get it out, and that was when my server broke. Do you think it's possible that that's the issue? Because I downloaded two different backups that happened way before that but I kept getting the same error. Is it possible that I should try hosting the server on a different computer? If I have to get rid of AE2, there's almost no point in even returning to the server. I thought a backup would fix it, but I keep getting the same problem.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
WirelessRedstone folder is called RedstoneEther, delete that. If it's still not working post a new log.

N

Nathan Meendering

Deleted both the Redstone Wireless mod and the RedstoneEther folder, as well as adding RAM up to 4GB. Still the same error. It keeps mentioning AE2, so I screenshotted the console.
error log.png

The bottom is full of appliedenergistics2 error stuff.

New log as well: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/d4d74001

Thanks so much for your help with this, guys. Sincerely appreciated. This server means a lot to me.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
The screenshot from the console and the log you linked are not the same. Also the log still says 2gigs of allocated ram.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Does this also happen if you rename your world folder to something else and let it generate a new world? If it does generate the world and work that indicates some type of issue with game save.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
And why there is client side mods in server?

N

Nathan Meendering

Henry Link - if I have to generate a new world, then there's no point keeping the server. The whole point is to save this world. I don't care about the server client, I just care about this world save.

Jikuja - Are there client-side mods in the server? Where? If that's causing a problem, I can delete them immediately if I know where/what they are.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
And you didn't get my point. It was to test and make sure the pack is loading correctly. So I was asking if it CAN generate a new world. I'm not saying we shouldn't try to save what you have. But we need to eliminate what is causing the issue. If your server can't generate a new world then we need to look at the configs & mods. If it can then the next step will be to see what can be done to restore it. But I also think jikuja might have hit the nail on the head and it sounds like you need to delete the mods folder and use the mods folder from the server zip file.

N

Nathan Meendering

Henry Link - Seriously appreciate all your help so far, thanks much. I renamed both the world I'm playing on folder, as well as the folder actually called "world", and both times the error persists. If I delete my mods folder, won't my entire server crash? Where is the server zip file you're talking about?

Jaari

Apr 30, 2015
Are there client-side mods in the server? Where? If that's causing a problem, I can delete them immediately if I know where/what they are.
Are you certain that CustomMainMenu is a required serverside mod? It would explain the log stating that it is missing ResourceLoader, which is another mod made by the owner (Lumien) of CMM.
Edit: Just saw that you actually have Resourceloader, but it is erroring on that. Not that it matters, as CMM is still a clientside only mod afaik.

N

Nathan Meendering

Hey guys - I downloaded the new server files like you suggested Henry Link, and I just added in my world and it is running fine now. It must've been either RedstoneEther freaking out in my old mods server or an issue in the mods folder in my old server, I'm not sure. The good news is that it wasn't a world save issue. Thank you so much.