Computer Hosting Server:
AMD FX 6100 3.3 gH
8 gb ram
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Also:
Intel i7-3610 QM 2.3 gHz
16 gb ram
Win 7 Home 64 bit
(do you guys need mobo specs or vid cards?)

Server Version: FTB Beta Pack A(v12) Minecraft version 1.4.2
Running the Server Start 4GB.bat
also tried the 10GB on my 2nd pc.

Additional mods installed:
Equivalent Exchange 3 pre1 for v. 1.4.2
Additional Pipe mod v. 2.1.3u17

Problem:
This server has been running for about 1 month with no problems. I installed Additional pipes to get the phased transport pipe (teleport pipe) in the last couple weeks and EE3 in the last few days.

In short my problem is this. I logged off last night with my quarry running (first time I left it running unattended). When I tried to log in this morning I loaded to blackness and started falling expecting ground to appear but it just went to Read Timed Out. At this point the Minecraft Server stops responding. Windows doesn't detect this but I tried issuing the "stop" command with no response. I must use task manager to close it. Though... I just found out if you let it sit for a while (1-2 mins or so) it starts responding again and I can reconnect - same problem remains though.

It may be important to note that the command window still functions and reads:
Zahalon lost connection End of stream
Unloading Player: Zahalon

Solutions I have tried:
-Moving my character file, starting at spawn, and running back to the base. Ends the same way (without the falling) Just Read Timed Out
-Removing the EE3 mod
-Removing Additional pipe mod

Possible Problems:
Maybe some chests over filled during the night and when it tries to load all the floating blocks it crashes (unlikely as I run into this problem before and the server/client usually slows to a crawl. Unless FTB is different in this regards.)
A friend may have been playing with portals after I logged off. Using books to access new worlds. Also plays with the portal gun a lot. I am sending a text to confirm if he was kicked too.

Zahalon

Jul 29, 2019
Solved:

Using MC Edit I deleted the chunks that contained the quarry and everything is fine now. Just need to rebuild which is a minor problem.