FTB Says I have 32-Bit Java, Clearly I have 64-Bit

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Michael Justice

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
FTB Says I have 32-Bit Java, Clearly I have 64-Bit
Launcher Version:
v1.4.11
Modpack:
Ones that require 64-Bit
Modpack Version:
All of the ones that require 64-Bit
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I install 64-Bit java and it still statesI have 32-Bit. So just in case I uninstall Java to a clean slate and install it again and still says I have 32-Bit. No Idea what to do.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Where is the log and where is screenshot of 64-bit java installation?

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Had the same message this morning so I updated via launcher link and when I check what it removed via java link - it was 64bit Java xx version :rolleyes:

Didn't see the message after that though so maybe I just had an old copy of 64bit java.:D

sjoerdmeijer18

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if your issue is already solved
but try to download java again https://www.java.com/nl/download/manual.jsp <-- pick Windows Offline (64-bits)
Might be confusion since the website forward you to this dowload site for 64 bit java but the first 2 lines are 32 bits java so make sure you picked the right one!

It will let you know if you've old java installed and asking for your premission to uninstall this
Please uninstall and it automatic download the 64 bit java
should solve the problem if not

Check launcher -> options -> advanced options -> Java path -> (do you have a 64 bit version in this list and selected?)