FTB: Revelation Version 1.5.0 download error

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
N

NiggeliLP

Title FTB: Revelation Version 1.5.0 download error

Launcher Type

Modpack FTB: Revelation

Modpack version 1.5.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/5541bab7

Details of the issue I tried to update from version 1.4.0 to 1.5.0. After the download finished, a window pops up with the message: Error downloading modpack!!!
There's a message in the console: Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method, but i don't know what it means. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CanadianSnow

I came here just to say same. The Twitch launcher seems to be fine but the FTB classic launcher is the one with the md5 mismatch. I'd really prefer not to switch to the twitch launcher so please help.

Last edited:

Icreeps2

Jul 29, 2019
Same for me. And i can't use the twitch launcher on my part because it doesn't work on my pc, so it is a bit of a problem

G

graf091

How i can fix this problem? I want 1.5.0 version this pack upgrade. Clean install not variant , because will be new config file .. and my save crashed.

F

Flainx

Same problem here:
Code:
FTBRevelation
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.

The "Local" and "Remote" md5 hashes are different.

F

Flainx

So i put a little effort in this and wrote down how to update your FTBRevelation Pack to 1.5.0.

Be warned:
The md5 check seems to have failed because the downloaded version is different from the expected one. So i guess for security reasons the launcher threw this error and refused to install.
Perhaps this is just a bug... perhaps this file was modified.. perhaps with bad intentions.
Only go on with this if you unterstood the warning above AND the whole manual below ;)

Manual update to Revelation 1.5.0:

0. Backup your FTB install directory. Just in case something goes wrong.
1. Click the "Launch" button as if you would update or install the Modpack.
2. Wait for the Error to happen.
3. Close the FTB Launcher
4. The downloaded package is at C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\FTBRevelation\FTBRevelation.zip (If you cant find the directory, you need to show hidden files)
5. Copy the Package to your FTBRevelation install folder. (In my case its: E:\FTB\FTBRevelation)
6. Unzip the Package. Overwrite all files if asked. (In fact you just update the Contents of the "minecraft" folder.)
7. Now change into the subdirectory "minecraft/mods".
8. You need to check for mods which exists twice. Compare the version numbers and delete the older ones.
9. If you did everything right, you should end up with 167 files in your mods folder. Otherwise you will most likely get mod rejections or other strange errors.
10. At last: We got two "version" files at C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\FTBRevelation\ and E:\FTB\FTBRevelation. Open both with a text editor and change the content to 1.5.0
11. Now start your FTB Launcher and click the "Launch" button. Your game should now load as usual.

I hope this helps.
Have fun :)

Reactions: Fema
T

taken31

Just a bump.
I appreciate the effort put in by Flainx, but having to bypass a md5 is totally counter-intuitive... please fix this FTB team!

~Nate

F

Flainx

I appreciate the effort put in by Flainx
Thx Nate. I'm not happy with bypassing the md5 check either.
The issue still persists while downloading the new Revelation 1.6.0.
The downloaded file has the md5 sum: "5B8747D52AC0B4B802FAA047BA54EDEF"
The expected md5 is: "03CFE0C54762AA2C6A511BCB23A5A92B" (I've got no idea where this one is pulled from)

S

Spiget

So i put a little effort in this and wrote down how to update your FTBRevelation Pack to 1.5.0.

Be warned:
The md5 check seems to have failed because the downloaded version is different from the expected one. So i guess for security reasons the launcher threw this error and refused to install.
Perhaps this is just a bug... perhaps this file was modified.. perhaps with bad intentions.
Only go on with this if you unterstood the warning above AND the whole manual below ;)

4. The downloaded package is at C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\FTBRevelation\FTBRevelation.zip (If you cant find the directory, you need to show hidden files)
5. Copy the Package to your FTBRevelation install folder. (In my case its: E:\FTB\FTBRevelation)
6. Unzip the Package. Overwrite all files if asked. (In fact you just update the Contents of the "minecraft" folder.)
8. You need to check for mods which exists twice. Compare the version numbers and delete the older ones.
9. If you did everything right, you should end up with 167 files in your mods folder. Otherwise you will most likely get mod rejections or other strange errors.
10. At last: We got two "version" files at C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\FTBRevelation\ and E:\FTB\FTBRevelation. Open both with a text editor and change the content to 1.5.0
11. Now start your FTB Launcher and click the "Launch" button. Your game should now load as usual.

I hope this helps.
I'm just some dumb little freshmen looking to play a modpack and i don't know much. Can you tell me how to change into the subdirectory "minecraft/mods"?

Reactions: PleaseStopCrashing
T

taken31

Every time I run a tracert to the FTB host servers (They used to be creeperrepo.net, but the FTB consol displays a new one on start ftb.cursecdn.com) the packets time out somewhere after the 9th hop, and then skip the following 3-5 hops, and then just return the very last location. This seems like the type of error that could cause some corruption... The weird thing is that my downloads always stop at the same exact place, depending on the pack version. For 1.5.0, it stop just 3KB short of a complete download.
I'm just some dumb little freshmen looking to play a modpack and i don't know much. Can you tell me how to change into the subdirectory "minecraft/mods"?
I think he's referring to the Minecraft mods folder, nested under the FTBRevelations mod folder. In my case: C:\ftb\FTBRevelation\minecraft\mods
This folder contains all of the independent executable jar files for each modpack. This is where duplicate mods will have been placed, and need to be singled out.

~Nate

Milouzeb52

Jul 29, 2019
I have also the same issue :mad:

Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
1.5.0 1.4.0
5>4
ret true
FTBRevelation
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.
Local: 974A3CB2801AD7E44A93A7F8053D85FB
Remote: 4A7A047492EAEBB9A0ED55674327B3FC
Error downloading modpack!!!

F

Fema

Be warned:

I hope this helps.
Actually 166 Files.
But still works just fine.. Thank You sir.