Waiting ftb revelation using all 10gb of my ram

V

vrfux

My laptop has 12 gb of ram and i want to play ftb revelation with 10gb of ram , so i set the xmx11g and it went good until about 10 minutes in game. The game freeze and the screen went black. My laptop is unresponsive because of the game for about 2 hours, If i force shutdown i am scared that the battery will break.

on the log it said this
[16:09:30] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 51644ms behind, skipping 1032 tick(s)
i was play single player

V

vrfux

forgot to mention that i installed 2 mods that i like but is not in the mod pack
-buildcraft
-additional enchanted miner (quarry plus)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
You're probably allocating too much RAM - leaving 2GB for your system is barebones. Also, AFAIK, allocating too much doesn't actually improve things much anyway. Try paring it back to 6-8Gb.

One last thing, buildcraft is still in alpha for 1.12 - you might want to drop that until after you see how you get on with 6-8Gb.

V

vrfux

You're probably allocating too much RAM - leaving 2GB for your system is barebones. Also, AFAIK, allocating too much doesn't actually improve things much anyway. Try paring it back to 6-8Gb.

One last thing, buildcraft is still in alpha for 1.12 - you might want to drop that until after you see how you get on with 6-8Gb.
ok ill try