FTB Revelation Server Memory Leak

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
W

Whisker

Title FTB Revelation Server Memory Leak

Launcher Type Server

Modpack FTB Revelation

Modpack version 2.6.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue Info
Server RAM: 5gb
FTB Revelation 2.6.0
Minecraft 1.12.2
Forge 2768
SpongeForge 1.12.2-2768-7.1.4

Other plugins:
MagiBridge
MBDiscordLink
RandomPatches
GriefPrevention
LuckPerms
Nucleus

--

Hey there!

I'm currently running into what I believe to be a memory leak with my FTB Revelation server. About every three hours, my server host automatically restarts my server due to it exceeding 5.5gb of ram usage.

Here's a graph of the memory and CPU usage:
https://i.imgur.com/FBbWvvA.png
(on the 5th of February, I upgraded the server from 4gb to 5gb, hence the increase)

I've been trying to diagnose as best as I can, but Minecraft servers are not my area of expertise by any means. I've also been trying to gather info from timings and heap dumps, but timing reports seem to indicate no issues and I can't quite figure out how to interpret heap dumps-- help in this area would be greatly appreciated :(.

I've removed various plugins (Prism, spark) entirely and temporarily disabled MagiBridge and MBDiscordLink to attempt to resolve the issue to no avail. I've run a new world and it seemed to perform noticeably better, but I've yet to test a new world over an extended period of time.

These issues have been happening prior to any major "advancements" in the modpack, so to speak (use of higher end technology mods, etc). When there are no players on the server, the ram climb slows down but is still present. This can be seen in the overnight areas of this graph: https://i.imgur.com/vEdi1QY.png

I would include a log, but I'm not sure if it would have helped at all. I'm open to any and all help and suggestions. I just don't want to have to can the world without asking people wiser than me if they have any ideas.

Thank you for your time!

Last edited by a moderator:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
SpongeForge 1.12.2-2768-7.1.4

Other plugins:
MagiBridge
MBDiscordLink
RandomPatches
GriefPrevention
LuckPerms
Nucleus

As you're using sponge (not in the pack default), and I'm guessing that + some combo with plugins might cause issues for you - my suggestion to you is to ask for help from the sponge community.