FTB Revelation Server Dimension Hopping Issues

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
A

AZbadfish

Title FTB Revelation Server Dimension Hopping Issues

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack FTB Revelation

Modpack version 1.2.0

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file Added OreExcavation 1.4.109; most users have Optifine_1.12.2_HD_U_C7 installed (and removed TipTheScales)

Details of the issue Hi,

I'm a first time admin running an FTB Revelation server for a group of folks and we've been running into issues and I'm to the point where I no longer think it's a server hardware issue.

The main problem right now is people getting disconnected when they go through dimensions. I would upload logs, but unfortunately there's nothing useful in them. It shows the user connected, and then a few seconds later it shows they disconnected. To add insult to injury, if that happens user have to relaunch their client or they can't get back in.

We started with a 6GB RAM server from cubedhost because I mistakenly believed the 4GB minimum. We very quickly upgraded to 8GB. The issues persisted, and I've recently moved to a different host. We now have a 10GB RAM server from minecraft-hosting.pro with their overclocked CPU option (Intel i7-7700K OC CPU @ 4c/8t - 4,7 GHz/5,00 GHz and DDR4 2400 MHz memory RAM).

The issue persists. I'm not sure that this is a problem with the actual server anymore. Players are still disconnecting when dimension hopping, sometimes they don't fully disconnect but get ported into a wall or the floor and suffocate before their client catches up.

It could be that Google-Fu is just not up to par anymore, but I have spent a few hours at this point looking for anything that might be related and just haven't found anything. This also leads me to believe that it might not be pack, either.

I have one user with a theory that it could be related to individual player's bandwidth. At first I kind of scoffed at the idea, because it didn't make much sense that going between dimensions would need so much more bandwidth.

I recently upgraded my own internet for unrelated reasons and it seems to have smoothed out a bit for me personally. But other people on the new server haven't really noticed any change. The only other thing that seems to support that theory is the problem seems to be worse for people when they are streaming.

I have no idea what is actually causing the problem, or how to fix it. If anybody has ideas I'll try just about anything at this point. This is very frustrating.

EDIT: This appears to be optifine related.

Last edited:

GuitaristTom

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having this same issue with my little private server.

The only kind of "solution" I found was for people to restart their clients...