FTB Revelation questions and issues

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cyan Leader

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing Revelation for the past few weeks and while it's a great pack I have come across two issues, related to IC2 and AE2.

The first is that Nether Quartz, which can be grinded to dust in most machines but the IC2 Macerator. Is there a reason for this or just an oversight? It is an essential material for AE2 so it can be a big problem if I don't want to jump around mods.

My second issue is with the silicon input which is required by AE2's Inscriber. The default recipe for generating silicon (burning Certus Quartz Dust) was disabled and the next best thing (burning Nether Quartz) isn't valid. The silicon it generates is not accepted in the Inscriber. I am required to use Ender IO Silicon which forces me into getting into Industrial Foregoing or Ender IO. Again, is this intended? It feels odd to me when this pack was really open and to my knowledge isn't aimed at beelining users to certain mods.

Either way, while I'd appreciate if these tweaks were made official, I tried fixing it myself with a script but it isn't working. The code I wrote is:

print("Initializing 'tweaks.zs'...");
Inscriber.addRecipe(<appliedenergistics2:material:20>, <refinedstorage:silicon>, true, <appliedenergistics2:material:19>);
Macerator.addRecipe(<actuallyadditions:item_dust:5>, <minecraft:quartz>);
print("Initialized 'tweaks.zs'");

Neither line is working though, if I'm missing something obvious please let me know.

Last edited:

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
about silicon:
1. silicon from glass also not work?
2. try oredict silicon from Nether Quartz

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/Main_Page
http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/Tutorial:Ore_Dictionary
Merging and unifying two ore dictionary entries
Adding new ore dictionary entries

or more simple: add new line of
Inscriber.addRecipe(<appliedenergistics2:material:20>, <refinedstorage:silicon>, true, <appliedenergistics2:material:19>);

and replace <refinedstorage:silicon> with silicon from Nether Quartz (as I see, it is must be like:
Inscriber.addRecipe(<appliedenergistics2:material:20>, <actuallyadditions:item_dust:5>, true, <appliedenergistics2:material:19>);

Samuelsl

Oct 27, 2020
Hello, I started playing latest version of FTB revelation, AE2 Certus Quartz ore generation is disabled in mod cfg. Im asking if it is intentional or maybe mishap?