Open FTB Revelation Long load then CTD

Discussion in 'FTB Revelation' started by Streen, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Streen

Streen New Member

Summary of the problem FTB Revelation Long load then CTD

Pack Version 2.3.0

What is the bug? My brother will be loading for ages. It starts slowing down at 6/7. During the recipe indexing specifically. It'll start freezing up at 40 every 20 seconds or so. My brother has 12 gigs of memory. 4 gigs are allocated to the game. I made sure he uninstalled all java, and reinstall the latest 64 version. CPU is Intel Core i5 CPU 2.67 GHz. Is it really his computer? I posted the super long log file below. Please let me know if you need the crash file. I had worse computers run this. Is his computron just too slow? Thanks in advance.

Mod & Version FTB Revelation 2.3.0 with thebetweenlands added.

Link to log file https://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/e1081089

Is it repeatable? Yes. It aaaaallways slows down at 6/7 during recipe indexing.

Known Fix

2. adamich

adamich New Member

net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderExceptionModCrash: Caught exception from Just Enough Items (jei)
    Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
    at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Pattern.java:1667)

-Xmx3072m

Add some ram for modpack, 3 GB is too low.

3. Streen

Streen New Member

I actually saw that this morning while I was trying to review the log file myself. I know for a fact he adjusted it via twitch to 5gigs, but it seems that adjustment never took. Is it advisable to keep -xms256, or to raise that as well? Does it even matter? Thank you for the help!

4. adamich

adamich New Member

"-xms" is minimum RAM, U need "-xmx" - maximum RAM.