FTB Revelation connection times out

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

lady2beetle

Jul 29, 2019
Title FTB Revelation connection times out

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack Revelation

Modpack version 1.3.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/cdd42463

Details of the issue I'm trying to connect to a friend's server but I get stuck at "Logging in...". Eventually, it will time me out. My friend says that from inside the game, it looks like I log out before I ever log in. I've tried a potpourri of different things, including disabling my firewall, adding exceptions (I use Avast Internet Protection), etc. I was able to log in once, but I have not been able to get it to work since. Suggestions?

If it helps, I have played on multiplayer servers many times before, but never using the twitch desktop app. Always before I had the original FTB server app. Also, I tried to log onto other servers. One of them gave me a null exception error, one gave me the same connection timing out issue and one allowed me to log in. (I'm so confused....)

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Make sure that server is running the mod pack and also the same version as you have. (checking up the last server in your log it present it self as vanilla)

T

Twitch0889

The server is definitely running the modpack (<--- server owner). She was able to get logged in once (after a few failed attempts) but after logging out can no longer seem to get back in at all.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
The server is definitely running the modpack (<--- server owner).

Last in the log is still marked as vanilla when doing a query to the server.

So - either that's not your server, or perhaps you're running something other than provided in the server zip-file.

(check line 5976 in the log)