FTB Retro Map

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having this weird glitch with the FTB Retro SSP pack and the Normal Map. When I hit install, it says it installed but doesn't install and when I generate a world it's a just a piece of bedrock in the middle of the world with nothing around it. My render distance is on far.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
You must also go over to the 'Maps' tab and download the map. They are located at the bottom. From there you will want to decide if you want Normal, Insanity or both. The difference between the two if you do not know is that Normal can be finished in a few hours if you know what to do. Insanity has about 5-7x the amount of objectives and you are required to do bees to completely finish it.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Here are a few more thoughts. Are you sure you download the SSP not the SMP version? Do you see the Normal map in your save folder? In the game? You did not create a new game, but opened the Normal save if you see it?

Edit: When you say you only have a piece of bedrock. Did you start on a platform and drop down on to this bedrock after clicking on a button and waiting 5 seconds?

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
No. I spawn on top of the piece of bedrock. There are no platforms around me,above me, or below me.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
There is a specific mod in the pack that prevent all world generation, except for the required single piece of bedrock.

But you have some strange issue, because the map installed just fine for me, just like the insanity one did.

Maybe you should delete the folder for the retro ssp pack and redownload it from scratch?