FTB Retro 1.2.5 SSP pyramid problem.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I am trying to play the FTB Retro 1.2.5 SSP map, but when I got to the pyramid I could not find any signs in any area other than the turn-in area where you're supposed to drop items in for collection.

It's rather difficult, if not impossible, to have a guess at what each section of the pyramid wants me to turn in, in order to complete it.

I think my copy of this map might be bugged - are there any alternate locations to get the map files from?

Is there a list of items to be handed in to complete each section?

I would like to try the SMP version of this map to check if it has the same problems as the SMP version on the pyramid, unfortunately I don't recall a lot of information on how 1.2.5 works as a SMP map if hosted using the FTB installation, and would like to protect it from being logged into by anyone except me.

I would therefore like any available information on how client and server installations worked in 1.2.5, and what I would need to know to ensure that they both properly shut down after I exit a session in the SMP map.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Pictures?

I struggle in vain to find pictures of that which does not exist.

The signs on the monument in each area have disappeared, except the turn in area. The only thing a picture would show you is what isn't there. Other than the turn-in area there is a lack of signs with descriptive text for the rest of the monument areas.

How, exactly, would a picture help you to see that which cannot be seen?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Back in 1.2.5 there were two code bases being maintained. SSP didn't contain a server component. it was a complete single player game by itself. If you wanted to play SMP you needed to use a different client that supported SMP. Hence when you look for the retro pack there are two versions. One for SSP another for SMP.