FTB Resurrection Ore Gen

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

robbversion1

Jul 29, 2019
Noticed something a little strange with the Resurrection pack. Just downloaded and started playing the pack (everything is default; no changes to the pack) and noticed a lack of ores of any type. Here's some screenshots below. Did I break something, or do I have to turn on Ore gen somehow?

Attachments

• 2014-12-27_19.46.07.png
    2014-12-27_19.46.07.png
    1,014.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 2014-12-27_19.46.15.png
    2014-12-27_19.46.15.png
    724.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 2014-12-27_19.46.19.png
    2014-12-27_19.46.19.png
    821.2 KB · Views: 109

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I see ore on the top right of the first picture. Looks to be small ore of some sort. FTBRes has modified GT ore gen, dig around a bit, bet you find more than you think there is.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Ore gens in clouds of associated ore. If you don't find one of those clouds all you'll find are small ores here and there.

Throw out everything you know about mining/finding ores in modded minecraft. Branch mining? Waste of time until you have something like a flux-infused pickaxe to rip out 1x3 tunnels quickly.

Early game I recommend finding a biome like Extreme Hills where you have exposed stone. Just survey the area looking at cliff faces for ore veins. Mine what you need now, waypoint anything good you'll need later. After that go with core samples. Pick a chunk, dig a 2x2 or 4x4 straight down, whatever you're comfortable you can do safely without ending up in lava. If you hit a vein, mine/mark it. If not, go to the next chunks. Mining turtles are great for this, btw. Mining wells probably wouldn't be too bad either.

thegreatpl

Jul 29, 2019
Resurrection has Gregtech, which has a different ore gen. There are fewer ore deposits, but they are massive, and have up four(? I think) ores in them. You can get upwards of a hundred ore blocks in one vein.

Then you have the occasional single block on its own.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
This quarry shot pretty much explains it all. I'm using Pyrolusite's Alternate GT textures resourcepack so I can see Tin.

XNnW7g8.png

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
Resurrection has Gregtech, which has a different ore gen. There are fewer ore deposits, but they are massive, and have up four(? I think) ores in them. You can get upwards of a hundred ore blocks in one vein.

Like this?

Attachments

• 2015-02-06_15.04.39.png
    2015-02-06_15.04.39.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 79

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, 1.0.0 Resurrection has Custom Ore Gen which is using Gregtech ores. I haven't checked 1.0.1 yet.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If Resurrection has COFH core installed (pretty sure it must have it) you can do the following to see exactly how the GregTech ores are distributed (make a copy of your world and do these commands on a backup copy!!):

/cofh clearblocks <your Minecraft name goes here> 100 200 100 stone dirt water lava gravel sand
/cofh clearblocks <your Minecraft name goes here> 100 200 100 grass sandstone tallgrass logs leaves

don't use the "</>" brackets when typing your name
100 200 100 means removes 100 blocks in the x and z directions and 200 in the y direction, I think you can make them bigger but it will take longer
100 might be a "radius" and not a diameter, i've never bothered to count, it will remove a square area centered on where you are standing when you issue the commands
there's a limit to text, that's why I list two commands. You can keep removing more stuff but these two lines should give you plenty of room to fly around and inspect the GT ores
I usually have to exit the game and re-enter in order to see the GT ores (it requires a block update, basically, easiest way is to just re-start).
if you want to remove mod items, you have to do a data dump (which is done in-game thru the NEI options screen) and that will give you a list of correct item names, i think the format is "modname:itemname" but don't quote me

here's the reddit thread i found this in, it's been INCREDIBLY helpful at saving time in my own SSP GregTech world. I've cheated to find the ore deposits just to save time, I don't see any need to waste weeks of my time searching in vain for a vein (my own play on words lol)
http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2labm6/is_there_a_mod_that_can_instantly_or_quickly/

I was pretty shocked how different the Resurrection ore distribution is from other GregTech modpacks. it's still GT obv, but it looked nothing at all like BeyondReality's ore does (my preferred GT modpack after having tried them all)

Last edited:

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
If Resurrection has COFH core installed (pretty sure it must have it) you can do the following to see exactly how the GregTech ores are distributed (make a copy of your world and do these commands on a backup copy!!):

/cofh clearblocks <your Minecraft name goes here> 100 200 100 stone dirt water lava gravel sand
/cofh clearblocks <your Minecraft name goes here> 100 200 100 grass sandstone tallgrass logs leaves

don't use the "</>" brackets when typing your name
100 200 100 means removes 100 blocks in the x and z directions and 200 in the y direction, I think you can make them bigger but it will take longer
100 might be a "radius" and not a diameter, i've never bothered to count, it will remove a square area centered on where you are standing when you issue the commands
there's a limit to text, that's why I list two commands. You can keep removing more stuff but these two lines should give you plenty of room to fly around and inspect the GT ores
I usually have to exit the game and re-enter in order to see the GT ores (it requires a block update, basically, easiest way is to just re-start).
if you want to remove mod items, you have to do a data dump (which is done in-game thru the NEI options screen) and that will give you a list of correct item names, i think the format is "modname:itemname" but don't quote me

here's the reddit thread i found this in, it's been INCREDIBLY helpful at saving time in my own SSP GregTech world. I've cheated to find the ore deposits just to save time, I don't see any need to waste weeks of my time searching in vain for a vein (my own play on words lol)
http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2labm6/is_there_a_mod_that_can_instantly_or_quickly/

I was pretty shocked how different the Resurrection ore distribution is from other GregTech modpacks. it's still GT obv, but it looked nothing at all like BeyondReality's ore does (my preferred GT modpack after having tried them all)

That's a design decision to make the GT Ores more prevalent so people don't have to travel all over the place to find ores. It mimics the Ultimate ore gen.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
That's a design decision to make the GT Ores more prevalent so people don't have to travel all over the place to find ores. It mimics the Ultimate ore gen.

That's fair. In fact, it's probably the right call especially for SMP. I'm playing another modpack with GT in it and I cannot find Tungsten Ore anywhere despite using the /cofh clearblocks command all over the place (it's an SSP world obv). I've probably cleared more than 1000 chunks and creatively flown them all to look for ore deposits, yet there are still some (like Tungsten) that I just cannot find anywhere. Just this morning I found my first Wulfenite ore vein about 800 blocks away from my base, hadn't seen one of those before. But without Tungsten, I cannot make Tungstensteel ingots so I cannot progress further. I know there is a way to centrifuge Tungsten from Endstone dust, but I'd obviously prefer to just find the ore blocks themselves.

So there's nothing wrong with making GT ores more prevalent, it's actually a benefit to all players except for the most die-hard "hard mode" players (which there probably aren't very many).

willis936

Jul 29, 2019
That's fair. In fact, it's probably the right call especially for SMP. I'm playing another modpack with GT in it and I cannot find Tungsten Ore anywhere despite using the /cofh clearblocks command all over the place (it's an SSP world obv). I've probably cleared more than 1000 chunks and creatively flown them all to look for ore deposits, yet there are still some (like Tungsten) that I just cannot find anywhere. Just this morning I found my first Wulfenite ore vein about 800 blocks away from my base, hadn't seen one of those before. But without Tungsten, I cannot make Tungstensteel ingots so I cannot progress further. I know there is a way to centrifuge Tungsten from Endstone dust, but I'd obviously prefer to just find the ore blocks themselves.

So there's nothing wrong with making GT ores more prevalent, it's actually a benefit to all players except for the most die-hard "hard mode" players (which there probably aren't very many).
Check the configs. More than likely it only spawns in the end.

Also cofh clearblocks command doesn't work with res 1.0.0

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Check the configs. More than likely it only spawns in the end.

Also cofh clearblocks command doesn't work with res 1.0.0

"Tungsten" is not found in my GregTech.cfg using the "Find" feature in Notepad.

I found this wiki that says both Tungstate Ore and Scheelite Ore can be processed to provide Tungsten, and I just found the recipes under Electrolyzer! I swear I've been looking for two days and didn't see these recipes in NEI. I'm such a dummy sometimes.

I guess I must have done clearblocks on InfiTech2 pack and not Res then. Could have sworn I did both packs, but so be it. It's such a useful command for me in my SSP world, no way I'd want to play a GT modpack without it (saves me valuable time searching for ores, I'm slow enough just mining and processing them all).

Last edited: