FTB quests book causing game crash when reloading world

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

GodEmperorFuze

Sep 13, 2020
I am making a modpack for me and my roommates to play via lan. The past 2 days I have been using the FTB quests mod to create guides in the quests book for the various modpacks we are using. I was playing the last 2 days just fine and I had not edited any of the files in the mod, I have only been using the in game book to create quests. Then today I try to load up the same creative world I had been using before to create the quests in and all the sudden I the message in the attached image. When I opened the mod config folder and simply removed the folders with all the chapters and reward tables in it (essentially making it an empty book again) then the game loaded up fine. The last thing I was doing on it last night was adding items to the shop. I did add a lot of items so idk if that is an issue or not. The forums wont let me attach the folder containing all the chapters and reward tables if that would even help. I will see about uploading them to google or something and posting a link here. I also have the R.A.D modpack downloaded and that has the FTB quest book mod, so I will see if that modpack loads a world if I put my quests book content into the files. If anyone knows a solution to this it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Got quest book attached.

Attachments

• Crash.PNG
    Crash.PNG
    226.4 KB · Views: 342
  • crash-2020-09-13_15.18.05-server.txt
    47.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Quest Book.zip
    364.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

GodEmperorFuze

Sep 13, 2020
So I made some more discoveries since I posted, but at this point I think I am stuck and will need some help from someone who knows much more about this game than I do. The attached files are 4 files all from the same chapter I made in the quest book and these 4 files are the cause of the crashes. The items that were in these quests were the level 1, 2 and 3 forges from lycanites mobs and the level 1 jewel pieces from lycanites mobs. So all of these pieces were from the same mod pack, lycanites mobs, but I dont think that mod is the cause of the problem. All of those forges are in other quests in a different chapter that I had not removed and the game still launched, and none of those actual block seem to be bugged or causing the game to crash. With the 4 attached files removed I am able to actually load my world, but it is super stuttery. For some reason the game is using nearly 11 GB of RAM when just yesterday and every other day this week it was using 7.5-9 GB of RAM. On top of that my i5 9600k gets spikes where all 6 cores are at 100% load and the game will freeze for about 3 seconds. So these files for some reason were causing the game to crash, but something else is completely overloading my CPU and using way too much RAM and nothing has been changed since I logged off yesterday.

EDIT: Turns out my mipmap levels setting got changed to 4 which was using all my RAM and CPU and simply turning it off didnt work, I had to restart the game client. However, This still doesnt explain why those files crash my game. My roommates pc had the whole modpack downloaded but none of the config files edited yet, so i transferred the quest book files to his pc and those 4 files still crash his game. I will proabably just remake those quests and it should work fine, but if anyone knows the way to fix this that would be helpful in case it happens again in the future.

Attachments

• New folder.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

PyroSweets

Jul 22, 2021
Having the same issue, had tons of hours in custom, no-backup quest book and it crashed. can't open that world anymore.