FTB Pyramid Reborn - Iridium?

StudentX

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to actually obtain iridium in this map? Done a reasonable amount of looking around and can't seem to locate any way of obtaining it...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Just to check: are you referring to IC2 iridium, as obtained by the shards normally found in loot chests, or the iridium from thermal expansion, which can be obtained as an ore block?

I believe the Loonium from Botania will obtain the former, and the Mining Laser from IF will obtain the latter - however I do not know if the products of the two are oreDicted (i.e. whether you can use either in recipes). What do you need it for?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Just to check: are you referring to IC2 iridium, as obtained by the shards normally found in loot chests, or the iridium from thermal expansion, which can be obtained as an ore block?

I believe the Loonium from Botania will obtain the former, and the Mining Laser from IF will obtain the latter - however I do not know if the products of the two are oreDicted (i.e. whether you can use either in recipes). What do you need it for?

You're right to make the distinction - it turns out they're not oreDicted. The thermal foundation version (from the mining laser) doesn't seem to have any uses (except coins which can be used to generate power).

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You're right to make the distinction - it turns out they're not oreDicted. The thermal foundation version (from the mining laser) doesn't seem to have any uses (except coins which can be used to generate power).
Indeed - that said (and I haven't done the maths on this) it might be that through numismatic dynamos and an appropriately lensed Laser, you might be able to get enough iridium to be net power positive, so it would act as an an alternative power source, with additional ores as a side product. Its not what the OP was after, but it might be interesting to find out if that's viable?

Reactions: ICountFrom0